Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im new to this forum and i would like to make this thread deticated to bouncing off ideas for an iso loader/backup loader. dont be a faggot and flame omfg!!! crook!!! crook!! if you dont have anthing nice to say, dont say it at all. now, im sure you have all heard that a dvd lib is being created. with this, im hoping waninkoko can possibly redeme himself lol or maybe even nitrotux. if you have any ideas, let us know!

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volkov said:
Why dont you check this thread out:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=96232

and what is this "can possibly redeme himself", like what the hell man, these people don't have to do shit for you, or anyone else
dude im not asking that. im saying that he has the power to. some people are mad at him because he relieses shit before its properly tested. jeez and that thread is practically dead. wanted to make a new one.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
those people that are mad at him for releasing dangerous programs are the same people that would happily rip him in half if he released an iso loader.
and a new thread is absolutely useless, the other thread is dead because there simply isn't any more to say on it.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
It's only 2 days old. do we need more and more threads. What, just because?

How do you know they have the potential too, anyways. Look, it's done when it's done, and if you want to talk about ideas, then maybe you should do just that, instead of request other people to do it. I'm sure if they had the potential and wanted to, they would. You don't think they see these sort of threads and requests all the time?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Dark_anth said:
now, im sure you have all heard that a dvd lib is being created. with this, im hoping waninkoko can possibly redeme himself lol or maybe even nitrotux. if you have any ideas, let us know!
Are you talking about a backup loader or an ISO loader? They're two very different things. Due to the hardware limitations of the wii (USB 1.0 speed, FAT16 SD) the only way to stream in an ISO in theory would be over the network.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
which would be the BEST solution?
wink.gif

Dark_anth

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Dark_anth said:
now, im sure you have all heard that a dvd lib is being created. with this, im hoping waninkoko can possibly redeme himself lol or maybe even nitrotux. if you have any ideas, let us know!
Are you talking about a backup loader or an ISO loader? They're two very different things. Due to the hardware limitations of the wii (USB 1.0 speed, FAT16 SD) the only way to stream in an ISO in theory would be over the network.

wrong! dvd lib coming soon
smile.gif
stuf that in your pipe and ....... ah its useless lol and network would be terrible! slow as molassis

and im not requesting anything! gosh i was saying that they might do it

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark_anth said:
Heran Bago said:
Dark_anth said:

smile.gif
stuf that in your pipe and ....... ah its useless lol and network would be terrible! slow as molassis

DVD lib does not prove Dark wrong.

what he said was an iso loader and a backup loader are 2 different things, playing games off a HDD is AFAIK an iso loader, a backup loader is a softmod..

or have i reversed them neither of them are really appealing on the wii anyway

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't stand all this crying for an Iso loader.
If you want to pirate games, at least buy a modchip, cheapass.
I don't get it.
Imagine everybody would be enabled to play pirated games with a Wii right out of the box.
--- And it would come even worse than the PSP.

n1x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hi there.

Personnaly, I think that this thread is completely useless because people/homebrew devs surely thought about this long time ago (since homebrew exists on wii I guess). If someone is writting something like this, believe me, we all would know it. You think that someone is secretly developping an iso loader and because of this thread the guy will reviel everything, just for you
smile.gif
comon!!

End of personal point of view!

Now my logical reason why I would never want to wish an app like this:
I'm sure if nintendo wants to completely close all gaps that let us start homebrews, they would do it. Fortunatelly for us, they are not like sony and if they don't have a good reason to bring such a firmware upgrade, they simply won't release it. Sure, if you take look today on the psp, it's still possible to run homebrews on it, but remember the time when sony brought almost 2-3 weeks an useless update to shutdown homebrew. What a messy mouse and cat game. I really don't want to see something like this coming on wii. Don't give nintendo the reason to stop homebrew. Anyway, if you really want to play your illegal thingies on wii, use a modchip. Iso loader is highly illegal and you won't be more cool if you have it.

Anyway if you want something so badly, why don't you program it?

Cya

Edit: jockel, you bastard, you were faster than me
biggrin.gif
at least we have the same point of view
wink.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Dark_anth said:
Heran Bago said:
Dark_anth said:

smile.gif

Wrong? I wasn't trying to mak a specific argument or anything, I was just saying an ISO loader and a backup loader are different things, which you might be confusing. littlestevie has about the right idea. a dvd library does not mean an ISO loader is the next logical progression. A backup loader, maybe.

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago, I posted this in another thread, but couldn't we possibly load the .iso as a file off of a dvd with the upcoming dvd library? I'm not saying this is the answer to a isoloader/backup loader, just an alternate to this so called only option of loading over a network.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i thought the wii had usb2.0 ports?

although installing a wad via usb took AGES so i wouldnt be surprised.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:
those people that are mad at him for releasing dangerous programs are the same people that would happily rip him in half if he released an iso loader.

If he even had the required skill (which without serious assistance which he won't be getting any more is extremely doubtful) he still wouldn't dare. It'd upset his employer no end.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Could you stop flooding the forum of "ISO loader" topics ?

I'm really bored, since bushing announced he has found a way to read DVD-R without modchip every newb come on this forum to "discuss" about the backup loader and want to know when that stuff will be released

No, the DVD-R library won't bring the backup loader, just install a modchip and stop asking.

Kekkon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone even understand how hard it is for some of us to even acquire a mod-chip? (Me as a prime example)
I'm not cheap (far from it), but I just don't have the ability to order one, I'm not going to go into the details however.

I've been waiting for a softmod ever since the Wii got homebrew, yes there are plenty of idiots crying for one, but there are an equal and greater number of idiots and anti-pirates (and idiot anti-pirates) crying back at them!

The other topic was decent, people where actually trying to come up with a way and not flaming each other over it.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
hence why i linked to it and said to post there if you have a valid contribution....clearly OP doesn't...

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kekkon said:
Does anyone even understand how hard it is for some of us to even acquire a mod-chip? (Me as a prime example)
I'm not cheap (far from it), but I just don't have the ability to order one, I'm not going to go into the details however.

I've been waiting for a softmod ever since the Wii got homebrew, yes there are plenty of idiots crying for one, but there are an equal and greater number of idiots and anti-pirates (and idiot anti-pirates) crying back at them!

The other topic was decent, people where actually trying to come up with a way and not flaming each other over it.

*Looks at location*
It's really not that hart to get a modchip in the US, you just order them right off the internet.

Anyhow, more on topic.
I think that a backup loader/softmod would be the definite killer of homebrew for the Wii. I'm sure that one of the only reasons Nintendo hasn't cracked down on getting rid of the homebrew channel itself yet is because other than the VC injectors/wad installers, it's not harming them much. If a softmod is released though, I'm sure they would start cracking down on homebrew.

If you want to pirate games ("but omgz they're just backups lol!" - we aren't stupid, come on..) at least pay a bit of money for a modchip.

(No offense was meant by this post. I realize that some people genuinely use real backups - these people have probably already bought a modchip.)

siggy2guitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well really the only use i would have for this would be modding my guitar heros, but ya id probally pirate a few games cause almost every game comes out in europe 1st, but if its a game like super smash brothers or mario kart then id buy it
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM