Wii is bricked. buuuuuuuuut...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Paste, Sep 4, 2009.

Sep 4, 2009
  1. Paste
    OP

Newcomer Paste Newbie

United States
    ...it doesn't match any of the diagnostics I've seen. When I turn my Wii on, simply nothing comes on screen. Not a black screen; nothing. It's almost as if my A/V cables were unplugged. The wii remote wouldn't recognize the wii, either.

What happened was, I had just gotten Muramasa today, and there was a system update on the disc. I was a little worried but I remembered that the update for Madworld came with no problems, so I went ahead and updated. After the update, it went to a black screen, where it froze. I waited a good 2 minutes, and then just turned off my Wii. Then, when I try to turn it back on, nothing shows up. I've googled my problem and it seems a few people have gotten it before, but no one could supply a clear cut answer. What should I do? Nintendo said the repair would be free because it happened when I was trying to update, but I have the homebrew channel just chilling there on my menu, along with a few pirated VC and wiiware games. I would delete them, but I can't. Any ideas?

I knew I should have just used GeckoOS. [​IMG]

2. Nerdii

Banned Nerdii Banned

Australia
    1. Get a SaveMii.
    2. Got preloader?

3. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Still need a bit more info, preloader? Did you downgrade eg 4.0 -> 3.2 -> 3.4. The update thinks the ios to 3.4 is there, but when you update to 3.4 it leaves a 'stub' ios, so, when the update skips the system menu ios, it doesn't install it, therefore a brick. That's only if you downgraded then upgraded though... And the when the wii is fully bricked, it doesn't give a TV signal, so since it isn't I bet it's a full brick...

4. Paste
    OP

Newcomer Paste Newbie

United States
    1. That was my first idea, but none of the diagnostics on the site match with my problem. :/
    2. Nope.

EDIT @ above post: yeah, I went from 3.2 > 4.0 > then back to 3.2 a couple months ago.

So I guess it's a full brick then? Should I send it into nintendo? I found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prlYThOyBXM) video where this guy sent his bricked wii in and they just sent him a new one.

5. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Read my post above, did you upgrade then downgrade?

6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
  7. Paste
    OP

Newcomer Paste Newbie

United States
  8. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yea 3.2 > 4.0 > 3.2 > 3.4 from disc = unrecoverable brick without boot2 version of bootmii. Send to Nintendo. I don't think they can even see anything on the Wii with that type of brick anyways.

Also protip: NEVER DOWNGRADE A 4.0/4.1 SYSTEM AT ALL. Aside from possibly IOS15 with the Trucha Bug Restorer if need be.

9. Paste
    OP

Newcomer Paste Newbie

United States
    Alright, I will. Thanks a bunch for all the help, guys. [​IMG]