wii is alive but no audio/visual output at all.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by woody565, May 23, 2009.

1. woody565
    OP

woody565 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    Hi all

I have a problem with my wii. currently when i power it on the disk drive spins and the lights come on but i get no output to the tv (tried diferent cables and different tv). i have HBC installed but obviously no way of getting to it cos it wont boot that far (or boot at all) i have a d2ckey installed. is there any program i can run from sd card that will bypass the boot system?

Any help would br gratefully received

thanks

danny

2. supagusti

supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    NO- If you haven't installed BootMe prior this brick no chance to run anything from SD

What have you done to leave the wii in this state ?

3. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    try using a SaveMii or SaveMiiFrii. Do they make firmware display in corner of screen? I believe dislodging bluetooth/wifi modules can stop video output, have you opened your wii at all?

4. SFenton

SFenton ಠ_ಠ

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Derp
    Erm... he has a modchip.

Either he opened, or telepathically put it in.

5. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    Did you install preloader ?

If you did hold reset and change the IOS used to one your sys menu requires.
    If preloader is set to auto boot to menu, and you change the IOS to one thats wrong you get black screen etc Same as you described.

If you've not installed preloader and changed these settings ignore this advise.

6. Rebound

Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    Happened to mine too, Had to send it in and they charged me $250 for replacement [​IMG]

7. Lexip;

Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

If you wii boots by savemii or savemiifrii and shows version in the corner then your bluetooth module is bad or came loose