dsbomb

OP
Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Jakweeze over at the WiiNewz forums has posted a guide to mod your Wii so it can use the Wii's own SD card reader as a SD Gecko in Gamecube mode, as well as retain it's Wii functions for backing up saves, viewing photos, etc. The guide is available here and took me about three hours, mostly carefully disassembling/reassembling the Wii.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awsomeness!
Cool mod.
Though if you have to use a GCN SD card reader for anything then it makes it a little pointless.
Though if a pasthrough memcard could be made it would make a fine mod kit.

How well is the mod in use though?
The guide doesnt tell much about it.

dsbomb

OP
Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
True, if you already have one, you don't need to do this. I haven't gotten around to buying one yet, so it came along just at the right time for me. So far it's worked quite well. Periodically, it will say there's no SD card. I just eject and reinsert and it's up again. It's not often enough to bother me. I've saved emulator data to it, played various programs off it, etc. I primarily will use it for tweaking the source code to various apps. It sure is much handier than burning them to a DVD+RW over and over.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
That's a cool idea! If I didn't already have an LG drive for dumping games I'd be all over this. (I'd probably want to include some kinda switch though...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1