Wii in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by directive0, Dec 25, 2006.

Dec 25, 2006

Wii in Toronto? by directive0 at 5:58 PM (568 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. directive0
    OP

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've been turning the idea of getting a wii over in my head... and I'm sold. I WANT one.

I know there are some people on here from TO, I need some advice. What is the best method of going about getting one? Where should I go, how long will I be waiting, that kinda stuff? Any advice from those who already GOT one?

I am a complete noob to "early release" video gaming... I've always been several years behind the early adopters... but the wii is too tempting.

Thanks in advance.

2. iHr4ch

Newcomer iHr4ch Advanced Member

Canada
    I stood in line for one at the Futureshop near Yonge and Eglinton. On the day of.

After that, I haven't been able to find one. Apparently, lots of people have been calling FS and BB and other stores every day, asking when they'll have more in. I think everyone is pretty much sold out for the rest of the year. I ended up eBaying my Wii. I wanted to buy another one, but was unable to find one.

If I were you, I'd just wait for the holiday rush to pan down before continuing your search. In the meantime, you can always go try it out at Eaton's! =D

3. subb

Newcomer subb Member

Canada
  4. directive0
    OP

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Word to the wise wii-tards! I found that walmart out in Square One Mississauga had 12 (COUNT EM TWELVE!) Wii's along with wiimotes, Classic Controllers and a poor selection of games. Just a tip!

Now I'm off to play some wii-sports.