Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow.
I wish I had enough money to buy this stuff.
This looks soo great.
Looks like this way we won't need anti aliasing ? ^^

€dit:
Ok , If you look at the first (or the second) Zelda shot you can clearly see that you still see those damn pixels.
frown.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's still upconverted. my wii is on a 37" 1080p LCD, but it's still 480p. though, i do remember reading sometime ago that nintendo could add 1080p support to the wii with a firmware upgrade.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want an upscaler for my TV, not just for the Wii, but thats too much.

In theory the Wii could support 1080i/p but the performance would probably suck.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean i just don't see it; to me, it comes down the original stufff your working with. i mean a bitmaped image designed for a game in 480p is going to show pixels when upscaled no matter how much smoothing/anti aliasing effects the upscaller can do. when it comes down to it, it cant process better higher-res images, which to me, even at the highest level, means it's still 480p at best.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i mean i just don't see it; to me, it comes down the original stufff your working with. i mean a bitmaped image designed for a game in 480p is going to show pixels when upscaled no matter how much smoothing/anti aliasing effects the upscaller can do. when it comes down to it, it cant process better higher-res images, which to me, even at the highest level, means it's still 480p at best.
It's still going to look better when upscaled just as DVD videos look better when played on an HDTV using an upconverter. They use mathematical formulas to fill in the missing resolution instead of just stretching the image. It won't look as good as content created in 1080p, but it will look better than non-converted 480p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free