Hacking Wii: Howto: Install HBC on virgin 4.0 firmware.

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii: Howto: Install HBC on virgin 4.0 firmware.

You can now use the BaNNeRBoMB alpha to legally load and install the homebrew channel on your 4.0 unhacked wii.

Download: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/aads/aad1f_v102.zip

Download: http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/fou...ii_channels.zip

# Warning! #

If your wii console’s serial number starts with LU64 and above then please do not try and use this hack.

# Setting up your SD card #

-Backup all data off your SD card. Then format it to FAT32 to remove all the data on the card.

-Extract the BaNNeRBoMB exploit and copy over the folder entitled “private” to the root of your SD card.

-Now extract the hacks package and copy over all the folders except “_MACOSX” as this isn’t needed.

# Installing cIOS #

-Insert your SD card into your wii console.

-Run the BaNNeRBoMB exploit.

-It will start downloading the cIOS and will install it. Hit A when prompted to exit the installer.

# Preparing the SD Card for loading the HBC #

-Rename “boot.dol” to “bootold.dol”

-Rename “comex.dol” to “boot.dol”

# Preparing wii for loading the HBC #

-Run BaNNeRBoMB again.

-On your wii launch “Downgrade IOS35” first. (It will download some files from the internet.)

-Next run “PatchMii” (This again will download and install some content.)

-Run “DVDx”

# Preparing SD for HBC load #

-Rename “boot.dol” back to “comex.dol”

-Rename “wad.dol” to “boot.dol“.

# Installing the HBC #

-Run BaNNeRBoMB

-It will launch WAD Manager 1.3, agree to the disclaimer.

-Select SD card

-Select “HBC.wad” (+ button to select then A button to install.)

-After install press the Home button to reboot the wii.

That’s it, you should now have the homebrew channel installed on your wii console!

# Troubleshooting #

Some common errors will be listed below:

-Homebrew Channel doesn’t launch, this is because your wii needs IOS36, download it and run it using BaNNeRBoMB. Then your HBC should run fine after doing this.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Is it possible after this to install cIOs249 and so use backup launcher / cioscorp / usbloader ? On a 4.0 or is downgrade to 3.2 before is needed ?

Just a question, got a 4.0 with HBC BEFORE upgrade throught Waninkoko
wink.gif

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you follow the above steps correctly, then YES if you want to
biggrin.gif
It basically lets you run every Homebrew app as if it were 3.0, 3.3 etc. What u think?

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the sd card ready, I inserted it into the Wii, started the Wii, now to run the bannerbomb do I need to click on the sd card icon on the main screen because when I do and it says loading data on the sd card the screen freezes, is there another way I should be running the app?

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the homebrew channel now, thanks to this flawless instructions, I added my games to an external hard drive using WBFS Manager 3.0, now I just need to figure out how to play them from the usb hard drive...lol

Thanks for everyones help.

Krayce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh... I don't know if I'm being full retard, but what does

-Now extract the hacks package and copy over all the folders except “_MACOSX” as this isn’t needed.

mean?

As in... I'm supposed to extract everything to the SD, and then delete _MAXOSX and the .dol files I don't need yet?

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a mate who is interested in doing this. His Wii is virgin 4.0 with no hacks or anything like that. Really, all he wants to get running is the USb loader more than anything and also pirated wads on the SD channel.

So, my question is this. I am willing to help him do this method to his wii, but he is quite worried about a Brick. I know for a fact that nothing is brick proof, but what are the risks with using this hack? Can anyone who has done it let me know how it went for them? In terms of ease of use etc. Also, if I follow this step by step, will be be able to use both USB loader and pirated wads on the SD channel?

Thanks if anyone can help me out.

ksonic26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the detailed instructions above and had no problems installing the homebreww channel and internet channel, now I just have to figure out how to use them...lol

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did it and it worked perfectly! as for the brick...its a 1 in 1000 chance! SO up to u
tongue.gif
If you follow EVERYTHING properly in the instructions, then yes u can! any probs just msg me

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I will attempt to convince my friend to try it tonight. He was shattered when he found out on 4.0 you can't install HBC
smile.gif
This might make him a bit happier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs