Hacking Wii Homebrew Launcher Channel???

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i found a Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.4 Wad file on this site http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/

since it's a wad does that mean it installs the HL as a channel on the Wii or have i got this wrong. id try it out but i dont want to risk anything so i thought i'd ask here first.

Nunim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be exactly like the WAD I made for WiiHL (available on WiiBrew). Just installs WiiHL as a channel so you can easily launch it.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
I have it on the channel now when i go to it , i hit start then i hit 1.2 then brings me to the next screen , then what do i do next ... can someone help me ......

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
guys if you scroll down on this site a bit

http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com...mp;topic=7648.0

you can see a Wii Menu Icon for this channel in MrNick666 post. does anyone know how to make it appear like that on the Wii menu or is that like just a demo pic he made or something. i downloaded and installed his theme pack but the on the menu its still just a black channel.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make a homebrew folder in the root of your sd card.

Inside that folder create a new folder for each homebrew app you want to use.

In each of those folders, place the appropriate .elf file, and rename it to boot.elf.

(I´m not sure if the .elf file MUST be renamed, but I do it that way just to be sure)

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ mysticknight

I think there is a theme folder for the homebrew launcher included.

The images are sized to fit them. The channel will still have a black screen, but if your boot.elf at the root of the card is the one for the homebrew launcher, then once you enter the channel, you will see "channels" with pretty pictures.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So I just install this wad using the TP hack and it will create a channel? Does this work with wad installer/uninstaller, savegame extractor/installer etc?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^ yer just use the WAD installer to install it and the uninstaller if you ever wanna remove it.

and callmebob, i have the themes in the THEME folder that came with the hombrew, what i'm saying is on the site i linked to there seems to be a pic of how the channel would look like on the main menu, i was just wondering if you can get the channel to look like that or if that poster on that forum was just making an image of what he would want if it were ever possible to make a icon.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I won't have to use the Twilight Princess disk ever again if I install this? (I bought the GC version, I'll have to borrow the Wii version from my friend).

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Prime said:
Relys said:
So I won't have to use the Twilight Princess disk ever again if I install this? (I bought the GC version, I'll have to borrow the Wii version from my friend).

Yes.

Not really or at least not with me , because if I launch the WadUninstaller it uninstalls every Channel created with a wad including the homebrew one.
So then you need the twillight hack again to install it
rolleyes.gif
Apart from that i could launch everything with the homebrew channel just like i could with the TP Hack

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gwaith said:
Prime said:
Relys said:

Yes.

Not really or at least not with me , because if I launch the WadUninstaller it uninstalls every Channel created with a wad including the homebrew one.
rolleyes.gif
Apart from that i could launch everything with the homebrew channel just like i could with the TP Hack

Delete the extra wads from your wad folder. It only uninstalls wads if you have them there.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gwaith said:
Prime said:
Relys said:

Yes.

rolleyes.gif

Delete the wads from your wad folder then so they don't uninstall

dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16