Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.11

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IronMask, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008

Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.11 by IronMask at 9:11 PM (869 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. IronMask
    OP

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...=en&ie=UTF8

Above link is the English translated is home to Cashman's posts about the new version.

Includes new features such as...

Launch homebrew stored on SD card, USB-Flash, SD-Gecko, DVD (using DVDx) or sharing Samba / Windows

Using different themes and adding images/text to homebrew apps..

I have loaded it on to my SD Card and installed the wad....the channel is blank but seems to work from what I can tell...

haven't had a whole lot of time to check it out but from what I see... you can add some different skins (included) or make your own to load homebrew...

I haven't found too good of a tut on it.. so I was wandering if anyone has had the chance to try it out and let us know what we need to configure different skins and stuff....

Thanks Cashman!

Download

http://rapidshare.com/files/169964908/WiiHL-011.zip

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Already posted in apps section Iron, bit late [​IMG]
    Decent homebrew launcher, allot faster, still bugs though, some apps cant return or even restart they freeze, so its a nogo still for me, all though i have a decent channel of it, and customised theme etc, but i don't use it...

3. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Erm so.. what exactly is this launcher, and how is it different to the channel you install through Twilight ? Assuming you don't need Twilight for this, does it mean people can install Backuplaunchers without Twilight now ?

Sorry for ( probably ) stupid question ;.;

4. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    This is just a "alternative" to the homebrew channel, its more fancy with themes etc.. i stick to homebrew channel though, too buggy homebrew launcher.

5. IronMask
    OP

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    Sorry if I didb't see an added thread already for that...my apologies... I guess I overlooked it weeding through all this mess.... hehe

From what I can tell the difference it is supposed to be a little more customizable... sorta like a bells and whistles added homebrew..With more device support such as dvd, usb, sdcard, etc.

There is some other stuff as well...just check that link out in my first post.

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    yeah, the speed up is hell of allot faster like, just don't like the way it restarts all applications to wii menu, or crashes [​IMG]

7. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Yeah but being '' alternative '' .. how do you install this ? Do you still need to do it through TP Hack ? Just asking since my family is getting another Wii but we don't own TP and I don't have possiblity to get hold of it again ;.;

8. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    you need wad manager channel so you can install the blank wad that comes with the package.
    or homebrew channel allready installed to open the app [​IMG]