Wii Homebrew Channel working, Wii Homebrew Apps not.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Grimm, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Grimm
    OP

Newcomer Grimm Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, following the guides on this site I used the Twilight Exploit to install the Wii Homebrew Channel. It works fine, but i'm having some trouble getting my first bit of homebrew working on it.

I've put SNES9x GX Wiimote edition as well as FCE Ultra and Visualboy Advance. I put the respective roms for each emulator in their own folder on the SD card(ex: root/snes9x/roms, root/snes/save). I have also converted the FCEU and VBA .elf files into .dol files.

Whats happening is that SNES9x will boot up, but can't seem to find the roms. FCEU and VBA give me a message that says something to the tune of "Not a valid Wii program."

I searched the forums a bit and Googled as well but haven't found anything. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Matt93

Member Matt93 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If SNES9x isn't finding roms, then it is either you are placing them in the wrong directory or its the program. FCEU and VBA won't boot probably because they are old or have .elf file extensions. Look for newer versions. There is an .elf to .dol converter you can try on what you have though.

3. Grimm
    OP

Newcomer Grimm Advanced Member

United States
    I've placed my snes roms in E:/snes9x/roms.

My .elf files have been converted to .dol already. I guess they must just be old versions. Where can I get the latest versions of all the console emulators out?

4. kaik541

Newcomer kaik541 Member

United States
    you can either search through wiibrew: wibrew.org

or use the homebrew browser that came with most bundles of the homebrew channel to download straight to the SD card