wii homebrew channel on 3.3 OS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by atomikramp, Jul 7, 2008.

Jul 7, 2008
  1. atomikramp
    OP

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hello all again [​IMG]
    sorry for my noob question, i made a search in the board but couldn't find (maybe my total fail)

i have a wii with the 3.3 OS... is it still possible to install the wii homebrew channel using a twilight hack? i heard it's been updated but couldn't find any info about it.

and then, can i use the homebrew channel to install other channels without the need of twilight hack anymore? and what about the removing of the installed channels? can i remove them (uninstall them)?
    do i need a particolar homebrew to uninstall them or i can do it by using the data management menu in my wii?

thanks in advice.

2. killplaystation

Member killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The newest version of the twilight hack works fine with 3.3.
    And yes, after installing the homebrew channel, you should no longer require the twilight hack.
    You can properly install and uninstall channels(wads) with the homebrew app 'Wad Manager 1.1'. Don't use the data management.

Of course doing all these things will involve a little more research if you don't know what you're doing. I've just put answers to your questions, if you have more feel free to ask.
    Welcome, and stick around

3. atomikramp
    OP

Italy
    really thanks for the informations and the help [​IMG]

where can i find more informations about the wads and wad manager? i'm really n00b and i hope this stuff is somehow monkey-proof ^^

Virtual console games are wads? and wiiware too?
    as far as i have understhood wads are the channels as seen on the dashboard...... but i may be wrong [​IMG]

4. killplaystation

Member killplaystation GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the wiibrew wiki is your friend. Here's the wiki for the wad manager, it has a description of the app, the controls, and a download link(not to mention all the controls are shown on the screen when you run the app). Read up about the homebrew channel first, and the twilight hack before that. You can find just about every wii hombrew at the apps wiki. And you can find more information about most of the hard stuff in the stickies at the top of the wii hacking section. If you have more specific questions, do ask

5. atomikramp
    OP

Italy
    damn, the wiki looks to be down atm, but np, i'm going to check it out tomorrow.

the wad manager looks pretty easy to use so i'll take a look at it.

6. iTHuNKie

Newcomer iTHuNKie Member

United States
    why should i not use data managment???? i just used it yesterday to delete a unused channel