Wii HDD - Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 1 TB

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by wikaash, Aug 17, 2010.

1. wikaash
    OP

wikaash Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2010
    Netherlands
    Hi - I have been browsing the USB Devices compatibility list for using an external HDD on my Wii.
    I want to buy a 1 TB HDD.
    In the compatibility list I could see that the Western Digital My Book Essential 1 TB was rated well and works with everything (green-green-green).
    While looking on the net to buy this I discovered that there are 2 versions:

- Western Digital My Book Essential 1 TB USB 2.0 External USB Hard Drive (WDBAAF0010HBK-N)
    - Western Digital My Book Essential 1 TB USB 2.0 Edition 2.0 External USB Hard Drive (WD10000H1U-00)

In the Notes I have read that the second version (Edition 2.0 WD10000H1U-00) powers itself on/off with the Wii.
    I was wondering if anyone here who has the first version (WDBAAF0010HBK-N) could tell me it this version also powers on/off with the Wii.
    I cannot find the Edition 2.0 here where I live, but It would be great if the HDD I buy would powers itself on/off with the Wii.

I hope to get some replys on my question.
    Thank you so much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice