Wii HDD in UK that works perfectly?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Daley87, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Daley87
    OP

Daley87 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    Hi guys, softmod newbie here and I've successfully modded the Wii on FW 3.4e, installed IOS56-64-v5661.wad and IOS57-64-v5918.wad as per https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation.
    Everything has worked perfectly on USB Loader 3.0 GX IOS249 using my Verbatim Store n Go 32GB USB drive however I purchased a 500 GB Seagate STBX500200 which works great when it wants to however likes to freeze randomly on certain games (sleep feature not active and also tried in FAT32 (32k cluster), NTFS and WBFS, happens on all of them and just plain refuses to run Goldeneye (exact same game runs perfect on Verbatim flash drive) so I've sent it back.
    Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has recently bought a drive in the UK (preferably around 500gb as dont want to spend even more on a 1tb) that works perfectly, I have read the USB compatibility list and certain drives on there are hard to or impossible to come by in the UK so wanted to know if aynone has any suggestions? Many Thanks.

2. Daley87
    OP

Daley87 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    Nobody can recommend a HDD? Bump, please guys if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

3. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Honestly there is no good HDDs... every single HDD will have a flaw or two.
    Personally for the Wii a MyPassport by Western Digital has served me well.
    The drive's reliability is awful for storing data, but it never has had a failure when performing with Wii Games/Homebrew

Edit: works great for WII games specifically.

DIOS MIOS for GameCube has issues with this drive.

Daley87 likes this.