wii - HDD/GAME amount?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by TheSuperBEAN82, Apr 25, 2012.

Apr 25, 2012
  1. TheSuperBEAN82
    OP

Newcomer TheSuperBEAN82 Newbie

United Kingdom
    hey guys, ive moded my wii, but having a problem with games on my 2TB HDD. its only allowing me to store 500 games on there, and no more, do anyone know of a way that you can add more than 500? or is it just a simple thing about partitioning the drive into 3 partitions, 1 for the SD card, and 2 for the games? if this is done, when you load the client will it see both partitions for the games and show them all together in the loader?

any advice or knowledge on this would be appreciated, and sorry if this has been asked previously,

2. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Adding more partitions doesn't add more space.

3. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Classic game limit.

Make sure your softmod is up to date.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Don't use a WBFS partition format.
    WBFS partitions on HDD with 512b per sector are limited to 500 games.

There is no tools to split a WBFS partitions to make two of them, but there is a way to convert it without loosing your games.

You should then convert your partition format to FAT32 using WBFS2FAT tool.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Lulz, a giant FAT32 partition.

If it's not too much trouble, you could merge your NTFS partition and your WBFS partition into a single NTFS partition and then re-rip your games.
    If that is too much trouble, then use a WBFS Manager to get your games off first, then partition as I mentioned.

Oh, and make sure you're using Configurable USB Loader v70 (or mod v15) based off of IOS222 v4 or IOS249 v22 (I think that's the latest, although it's called d2x right now)

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    what's wrong with a "giant" FAT32 partition?

FAT32 is possible up to 2TB, and that's his case.
    Once converted to FAT32 without loosing any games, he can convert the FAT32 to NTFS or even multiple partitions.

you cant "merge your NTFS partition and your WBFS", no partition manager can do it.
    If he has only 1 partitions (WBFS) he can't move the games to a second inexistent partition, he will have to transfer them temporarilly on his computer (according he has a lot of space on his computer). but why bother transferring games on computer and back on his drive when he can just convert the WBFS in FAT32 in 1 second without loosing time/game?

7. TheSuperBEAN82
    OP

Newcomer TheSuperBEAN82 Newbie

United Kingdom
    thanks for your quick responses guys, i will give this ago, over the weekend and see where i get to :) much appreciated your support :)