Gaming Wii HD with Netflix coming EARLY next year?

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe that guy is mr nintendo himself. But not having a clue who he is, he's no different than this. watch.

I can confirm Nintendo is coming out with Wii HD on December 29th. It will have a 500gb hard drive in it and boasts a processor which will be on par with the PS3's. It will also up-convert all current gen Wii games to 1080p. I'm not able to disclose who I heard that from at this time, but i'm not lying. If i was, i'd tell you.

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Ossot said:
maybe that guy is mr nintendo himself. But not having a clue who he is, he's no different than this. watch.

I can confirm Nintendo is coming out with Wii HD on December 29th. It will have a 500gb hard drive in it and boasts a processor which will be on par with the PS3's. It will also up-convert all current gen Wii games to 1080p. I'm not able to disclose who I heard that from at this time, but i'm not lying. If i was, i'd tell you.

lol, it's true - you can't trust rumours

hooovahh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no rumors to add, or fake rumors to add only opinions (sorry to bring us down)

I have a 360 and I really enjoy netfix. If the Wii got a netflix channel, I think it would benefit Nintendo and Netflix. Technically speaking there isn't a good reason why Netfix isn't on every web enabled device. As long as Nintendo can secure a contact with Netflix I don't see why it won't happen.

I also like the fact that the 360 can stream netflix in "HD" and dynamically change the bitrate based on network speeds. While I doubt the Wii can stream HD, even if they just defaulted to a decent bit rate that would be fine.

If they do release a Wii HD, or a Wii2, I'd be very exited to see what Nintendo has planned, especially for the impact on the Homebrew scene. If they radically changed things, and tried some new ideas I may consider getting the new Wii, but if the next Wii is just the same thing with new wrapping paper I don't think many people will be interested in it. And since the Wii was such a success for Nintendo I doubt they'll try any thing new.

I hope all the money Nintendo is making off of the Wii is going to some awesome development for their next gen.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
hooovahh said:
I have no rumors to add, or fake rumors to add only opinions (sorry to bring us down)

I have a 360 and I really enjoy netfix. If the Wii got a netflix channel, I think it would benefit Nintendo and Netflix. Technically speaking there isn't a good reason why Netfix isn't on every web enabled device. As long as Nintendo can secure a contact with Netflix I don't see why it won't happen.

I also like the fact that the 360 can stream netflix in "HD" and dynamically change the bitrate based on network speeds. While I doubt the Wii can stream HD, even if they just defaulted to a decent bit rate that would be fine.

If they do release a Wii HD, or a Wii2, I'd be very exited to see what Nintendo has planned, especially for the impact on the Homebrew scene. If they radically changed things, and tried some new ideas I may consider getting the new Wii, but if the next Wii is just the same thing with new wrapping paper I don't think many people will be interested in it. And since the Wii was such a success for Nintendo I doubt they'll try any thing new.

I hope all the money Nintendo is making off of the Wii is going to some awesome development for their next gen.

Im sorry to burst ur bubble - but all nintys money is going to getting ruddy celebs into adverts

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I read is :

QUOTE said:
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said that sometime this quarter, Netflix's streaming service will be coming to a new consumer electronics device. As a result of this forthcoming offering, Netflix said it was raising their guidance for the fourth quarter.

Clearly, whatever device it is, [...] I don't think the PS3 has a big enough install base to impact Netflix quick enough.
So it's not yet decided in this article.

Then I found this one :
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/co...m-65960677.html

It states it's coming to PS3 next month, unlimited access for less than 9$ a month.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at what happened to the PS2 , it is still selling more or less.
In a way that might have hold back the PS3 even tho it was in a different price category.

Now take a look at the whole gameboy to DS lite sale's Nintendo doesn't kill of their money flow that way.

So no to HD Wii and there is no one at Nintendo that cares about netflix. Nintendo is the only company that doesn't promote their system for multimedia usage while others do.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a joke. If they were releasing the new Wii in literally a few months, we'd know.

We've got at least 3 big titles for the Wii in Q1 2010, for USA at least: Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, and Sin and Punishment 2. Not to mention odds are we'll get the newest Zelda, Super Mario Galaxy, and The Grinder. You really think Nintendo would screw all their big titles by releasing a new system? No. There's no swan song for the Wii yet, and if there was one, I'll bet it's the latest Zelda.

People, stop it with these false rumors. Unless it says from a reliable source that the new Wii is coming in this year or that year, don't post it.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible the Wii could get Netflix streaming, but it will never be HD. The Wii can not output at anything more than 480p widescreen.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the new Wii was better then HD, beacuse it did full 3D in the living room. It doesn't even need a TV, it just projects the images from the top of the unit into mid-air.

Seriously people.... Does this have to happen every single year with these stupid rumors? A true next gen Wii won't be out until holiday 2011 at the earliest, and I would say even 2012. They were going to release an upgraded Wii that had HD output, but decided that it wasn't needed (wouldn't have changed graphics capabilities, would have just upscaled like an hdmi dvd player does) and shelved it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs