Wii HD Component Cables?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jazvdb, Jan 5, 2010.

Jan 5, 2010

Wii HD Component Cables? by jazvdb at 5:03 PM (1,798 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. jazvdb
    OP

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    First of all this may or may not be the dumbest question here [​IMG]

BUT Since i have no knowledge of this stuff, please dont kill me....

Does loading games through loaders affect the game from playing in HD aka 480p?

Reason im asking coz when i load Call of Duty MWR through a forwarder, it changes from 480p to 480i then 480p again (my tv tells me)

2. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    nope. not that I've seen. Mine always displays in 480p.

Haven't tried call of duty though.

3. TyRaNtM

Member TyRaNtM I did some projects..

Chile
    The problem that he is trying to say, is that, if you have 480p configured, the forwarder FORCES to autochange to 480i when you load a custom usb channel, and after a moment, autochanges again to 480p. And that's is annoying in a HDTV.

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    ohhh, he meant forwarders leading directly to the game. My bad.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    do u mean wiicrazy, not wiipower? and are u referring to his "CRAP" program?

6. jazvdb
    OP

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  7. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Oops, yep problem is getting solved using a different nandloader that doesn't enable video while running... comex's, marcan's, nintendo's you name it, one of them...

It's an easy feature for addition but lately I'm really busy at work...

If you want to do it yourself, just unpack the base.wxd (which is a wad actually with a stub banner and stub main dol ) and change the 2.app with a different nand loader, pack again and rename it as base.wxd, put it in place...

by the way, being a recent lcd tv owner I have the same problem....

just because we are at it, let me ask a question too... I have a problem in certain games (SSBB, Wii sports) with 480p... one of the components of the RGB is getting missing... either Red or Blue... So the output on the screen contains no Red or Blue... It's definetly not a cable problem since it only happens in certain titles. Any clues?

8. jakejm79

Member jakejm79 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just a note, Y/Pr/Pb (i.e. component) doesn't transport the data the same way the RGB/VGA does.
    i.e. the Y (Green) cable does not carry the green color signal, with component it carries the sync and luminance data. The color is calculated between the data carried on the Pr (Red) and Pb (Blue) cables. So unless in Europe the Wiis display a true RGB signal (they don't here they use the component Y/Pr/Pb standard), I don't think the data signal not being carried on one of the cables is your problem. Are the games the same region as the Wii?

9. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey

Well yep I know it's not RGB, I just told it so to make it simple... Now I've looked up in wiibrew, the same connections used for RGB(scart) and Y/Pr/Pb.... maybe that's the problem, game incorrectly identifies the video cable... I've just region converted this wii to PAL and the games are Wii Sports (NTSC), SSBB (PAL)... I'm launching these games from forwarder channels, maybe that's the problem... just I need to test...