Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
crysis_wii_HD_610x468.png
QUOTE said:
This isn't the first time we've heard rumors about a new Wii HD coming in 2011, but when the head of Square Enix, Yoichi Wada, predicts it, you tend to pay more attention. Wada, whose company is behind the uber popular Final Fantasy franchise, was recently interviewed by the Financial Times and had some interesting comments about a potential Wii HD, as well as the future of motion controllers.

Not surprisingly, Wada predicts the new Wii will feature similar graphics capabilities as the current PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles (why the Wii doesn't at least have an HDMI connection at this point seems ridiculous). While he thinks Nintendo will bring out a brand new motion controller, his more biting comments were reserved for Microsoft's and Sony's upcoming motion-enabled systems. He largely dismissed them.

"Present game machines already have a lot of functions: they are a network terminal, a Blu-ray or DVD player, and a gaming machine. Compared to these three pillars, the (new motion) controllers are quite limited, so the impact may be small," Wada said.

I tend to agree with Wada. Then again, I think the whole motion controller thing is pretty gimmicky at this point, with so few Wii games out there that are truly enhanced by using a motion control scheme.

What do you guys think? Is the Wii destined for tepid sales for the next couple of years, even with a price drop to $199? Or is 2011 the prefect time to come out with a new system?

Source

Also those Bastards Stole one our members boxes from VGBoxArt!
hate2.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChuckBartowski said:
What could a ps4 possibly be? I dont think the next generation will be a huge jump in quality like 1-2 and 2-3 (PS timeline speaking)

You play it like this and you are actually inside the game!! DUHR
rofl2.gif

toshiba-headgear.jpg

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
it won't use blu-ray since sony owns it.
that fake cover is all wrong and stupid
+1

C175R said:
QUOTE(ChuckBartowski @ Sep 22 2009, 01:41 AM) What could a ps4 possibly be? I dont think the next generation will be a huge jump in quality like 1-2 and 2-3 (PS timeline speaking)

You play it like this and you are actually inside the game!! DUHR
rofl2.gif

toshiba-headgear.jpg
LOL

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always someone saying there'll be a Wii HD in the next couple of years, nothing to get excited about until Nintendo actually announce it.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I remember on the launch of the PS3, Charlie Murphy said thinkning of the future, "you'll be able to fuck your Playstation 4". And the way I see it, that's really the only possibility to bring consoles another step further.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I expect Nintendo to release a new console before the competition.. 2011 sounds like a solid date to me.

But till now, it's all speculation. And I don't expect simply a "Wii HD". Nintendo learned with the Wii and the DS that trying something different pays off, they'll certainly try something new for their next console, something that none of us expect.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CockroachMan said:
I expect Nintendo to release a new console before the competition.. 2011 sounds like a solid date to me.

But till now, it's all speculation. And I don't expect simply a "Wii HD". Nintendo learned with the Wii and the DS that trying something different pays off, they'll certainly try something new for their next console, something that none of us expect.
Mind-reading controls, here we come!
smileipb2.png

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Motion Controlls with a modular controller system.
smileipb2.png

Want to shoot ? Press the button and bam, you got a motion control gun.
biggrin.gif

I know, it's damn unrealistic but it would be cool.
A man can dream, can he ?
biggrin.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
The gaming generation is growing up too fast, we don't want the same Game Depression that happened years ago do we?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime