Gaming Wii havin DVD was good for us...

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In a way its nice tat Nintendo decided to use DVD support for the Wii rather than HD-DVD or BluRay. I mean the sizes are max 4.5 gb or 9gb for Dual layer. And variety of DVDs to try to see which is most compatible and cheap rates..
If nintendo supported say, for eg, Bluray we would have games goin till 50gb and downloadin tat will take how long? and prices of Bluray discs for the bigger games
blink.gif
. Horror of horrors. wat if the burnt game doesnt work
wtf.gif
cash wasted!!! And compatible Bluray burner price?
wacko.gif

Just my opinion.
biggrin.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
nintendo cares more about games instead off stupid technology that not alot of us use

thats why the ps3 sucks

and the xbox360 sucks

Yes because we all know the wii has all the games while the ps3 and 360 are just to show off a cool machine right? ATM the PS3 and 360 are killing the wii, it's selling well because kiddys love waving controllers that look like penises.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
come on now, the ps3 and xbox360 are hardly what I'd call "killing the wii". The Wii is the number one selling console globally at the moment, that was with the 360s head start and the launch of the PS3.

PS3 is starting to make up ground but I don't see them as serious competition until they get some of their exclusives out, and should prosper in 2008.

360 is the best console to buy if you're a gamer, ok it has one too many FPS games, but then they're not your average FPS games either, it's also diversifying it's library. You could argue that the Wii has one too many on the rails shooters, with ore on the way.

Nintendo has somehow managed to tap into a market that neither MS or Sony had tapped into, and now they want that demographic as part of their own install base. MS is creating family-oriented games, as are Sony.

The Wii is the best selling console at this time, with strong first party support. It's third party supposed is comical though, with very little in the way of fresh, original IP. The Wii needs quality and quantity, though it's getting a large quantity of shovelware with Nintendo's seemingly approving the titles with their seal of quality.

I would buy a 360 if it wasn't for the RROD problems. I will likely buy a PS3 because the Wii has been unsatisfying since the beginning of the launch, and the PS3 will eventually offer the games the 360 has as well as it's own exclusive IP's, which look very promising.

It's a good time to be a Wii owner as the "big 3" in Metroid, SMG and soon to arrive SSBB will be available to the install base. But beyond those three games, and little in the way of third party support (look how solid such supprt is for the 360 for example), I don't know what the Wii has to offer. It's not a console for hardcore gamers, for casual gamers it's the ideal games console with pick up and play features.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure most games don't use the full capacity of a hddvd/bluray. compression should be able to bring down the size a great deal

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
In a way its nice tat Nintendo decided to use DVD support for the Wii rather than HD-DVD or BluRay. I mean the sizes are max 4.5 gb or 9gb for Dual layer. And variety of DVDs to try to see which is most compatible and cheap rates..
If nintendo supported say, for eg, Bluray we would have games goin till 50gb and downloadin tat will take how long? and prices of Bluray discs for the bigger gamesÂ
blink.gif
. Horror of horrors. wat if the burnt game doesnt workÂ
wtf.gif
 cash wasted!!! And compatible Bluray burner price?Â
wacko.gif

Just my opinion.Â
biggrin.gif
I really hope this is nothing more than a joke.

Otherwise this is the kind of attitude that really REALLY gets on my nerves.

PIRACY IS A FUCKING PRIVILEGE

Just say that to yourself over and over until you understand.

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HD DVD is made by the DVD Forum and hence the succesor of DVD.
Blu Ray has more storage space but both formats weren't able to join their power in one format.
There is no software available on HD DVD and I don't know if or how much on Blu Ray.
DVD is a stable and good media, thats just it.

and something for the archives: software pirates have short d**** ;-)

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
plus wii doesn't even need it. they don't need that much storage and to include it for no good reason would bump the price of the wii way up. so you'd have an expensive console with inferior hardware, what would be the point of that?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
As bandwidth speeds increase and disc/burner prices decrease, I don't see Nintendo moving on to HD-DVD/Bluray as much of a problem. Remember when downloading as much as 4.7gb was completely unthinkable and DVD burners cost hundreds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Z @ Zurdonx: there is a spammer