Hacking Wii Hacking Questions

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello my helpful (hopefully) fellow forum-goers.

I have a few questions about Wii Hacking as I can't really make much sense out of all the stuff on the tutorials. I have a Wii with Bootmii installed as a Boot2 and the Homebrew Channel installed but that is as far as I have gone with my hacking. My few questions are this.

1. I see a lot of talk here about loading Wii ISOs. Do these come from a simple external HDD or a more complicated setup?

2. What extra programs would be needed to run these ISOs?

3. I think there's been an update to the system menu since I installed the HBC I know that Bootmii is untouchable in its Boot2 state but am unsure as to what would happen if I were to use the update button.

4. I see talk of custom Wii Channels, any advantage to this or is the HBC enough?

There may be more questions from peoples answers.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Hello my helpful (hopefully) fellow forum-goers.

I have a few questions about Wii Hacking as I can't really make much sense out of all the stuff on the tutorials. I have a Wii with Bootmii installed as a Boot2 and the Homebrew Channel installed but that is as far as I have gone with my hacking. My few questions are this.

1. I see a lot of talk here about loading Wii ISOs. Do these come from a simple external HDD or a more complicated setup? Just a simple USB hard drive plugged into your Wii's USB port.

2. What extra programs would be needed to run these ISOs? You need to have a cIOS installed (I recommend rev14) and use a USB Loader (I recommend USB Loader GX).

3. I think there's been an update to the system menu since I installed the HBC I know that Bootmii is untouchable in its Boot2 state but am unsure as to what would happen if I were to use the update button. The latest version is 4.1. There is a person called Waninkoko who makes programs that safely update your system menu to the latest versions. Run his "4.1 Updater".

4. I see talk of custom Wii Channels, any advantage to this or is the HBC enough? They just give you quicker access to Wii homebrew applications. You can make one with Wadder.

There may be more questions from peoples answers.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any other general basic programs I need for hacking and exactly what they do? I already have Bootmii and Homebrew Channel in though I haven't backed up my Wii yet and its annoyingly on the same card as all the rest of my homebrew. (I'll try and find another to use)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs