Wii Hacking Developments. Best news comprehensive news site?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hollowpnt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. hollowpnt
    OP

Newcomer hollowpnt Newbie

United States
    Okay I just recently got into homebrew and soft modding my Wii. I've been in the Xbox 360 Flashed firmware scene for awhile and it is a lot more clean due to no available homebrew as of yet. But with the Wii scene buzzing especially lately (with USB Loader 1.1, the new preloader, and Waninkoko's 4.0 update), is there any comprehensive neat news source or FTP (like AGBX for Xbox 360), that lists all the latest versions of applications and developments?

Not too blame the wii Homebrew community or anything, but isn't there some sort of comprehensive news site that lists all the releases in one specific area thats updated regularly? I come here and Wiinewz for the latest information and get most of it, but specific sections of this site and Wiinewz doesn't seem to get updated like the front page does on a daily basis. So I usually have to resort to the forums and sift through 10-15 pages at a time before I get my question answered if an App hasn't been released in the past couple of weeks.

With AGBX, there's an ftp with all the latest tools and files needed with ALL versions of programs and such, and usually faqs or tutorials that clear up most of my questions.

With the Wii homebrew community, it seems like I'm bouncing from webpage to webpage trying to find out or get the latest version of application/program wasting a ton of time.

Wiibrew.org almost does a good job, but I've found multiple developments (such as Gamma loader, and waninkoko's updater as a couple of examples) not being listed there.

Anyone have any better Web pages they use for their latest updates. Paging through forum posts wastes too much of my time.

2. yabel

Newcomer yabel Advanced Member

United States
    This site is great for feed back and help. Almost anything that is new will show up here on forums. This would be and is my 1st stop each day.
    Ya wiibrew is great but not alot of feed back.
    Another good site that has alot of WADS is
    http://wadder.net/index.php

3. WaRMarinE

Member WaRMarinE GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
  4. yabel

Newcomer yabel Advanced Member

United States
    Tek. site is all in french.. Is there a built in translator on that page?

5. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    www.wehackwii.com

6. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  7. ften

Member ften GBAtemp Regular

Bangladesh
    I use Wiibrew.org for homebrew news and Dev news as they are very anti-piracy and will never have things like Backup loaders on there.
    Wii-news.dcemu.co.uk is good for just all Wii news (industry, homebrew, dev, pirate) headlines if you don't mind the "infomercial post" (They tend to post their sponsors crap as new and exciting things).
    GBATemp is great for everything Wii you just have to read 10 to 15 pages FAQs to get to it. lol

-FTen