Wii green light stays on, cannot fix.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nexxusty, Nov 16, 2011.

Nov 16, 2011
  1. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    At my wits end here. When I shutdown my Wii using the power button or the Wiimote, in the system menu, it powers down to a green light.

Why does this happen? Does anyone have an actual answer? I was on 4.3, updated using a guide, brought me to 4.1 and now when I turn off my Wii in the System Menu it does this. Only in the system menu.

I have tried going to 4.2 and 4.3. 4.2 works fine, as soon as it's softmodded, it happens again. 4.3 at stock doesnt work. System shuts down to a green light and fans are still spinning.

Honestly have no idea why this is happening. It seems no one has an answer. Can someone please help? WC24 is off.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u sure it shuts down to a green light and not yellow? It should be either yellow or red when shut down. If you want to have it shut down to red, you can enable the priiloader setting for that (ignore stand-by or something like that)

3. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    Naw it shuts down to green. 100%. Only when in System Menu though.

If I shutdown while in Homebrew is shuts down just fine. No idea what is wrong. Of course, to top it all off, there is no information on this anywhere. All dead ends.

4. XFlak

Canada
    When in homebrew does it shutdown to yellow or red?
    Are u sure WC24 is off? If so, try turning it on then turning it off again.
    Other than that and priiloader settings I'm pretty much out of idea's... except, if you have a nand backup from before this problem started u could restore that using bootmii (you may want to backup your gamesaves before doing that though)

5. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Unplug the wii and then plug it back in without pressing the power button, what coloer is the light then (it should be red).

6. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    Shuts down to red. WC24 is off for sure. This happens before priiloader is even installed.

I am out of ideas too my friend. I have no idea what to do next. Just tried downgrading to 4.1 and up to 4.3 again. Nothing.

Will verify 4.2 doesn't do this. Extremely surprised this isn't well documented though. All the threads I have seen on this have been either closed or left unanswered. Must be why...

It is. Makes no difference though.

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I didn't bother reading the first post before. It sounds like priiloader is causing the issue. That is my best guess.

8. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    4.2 works fine. Shutsdown to a red light in the System Menu.

4.1 and 4.3 do not. This happens on a stock 4.1 and 4.3 before anything is installed. No Priiloader, etc.

What is going on here?

9. XFlak

Canada
    doesn't make any sense! But w/e, if u got the problem fixed just stay on 4.2.

10. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    4.2 only works when stock. As soon as I softmod it stops working again.

Extremely frustrating.

11. XFlak

Canada
    hold on... so your saying that 4.1 and 4.3 don't work stock and that 4.2 works but as soon as u softmod it, it fails? Can you narrow down where the problem occurs in the softmod process? Priiloader installation?

12. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    That's exactly what I am saying.

I am narrowing it down now

*edit*

Still works fine after Priiloader. Moving on....

*edit2*

Works fine this time. Used a different guide. A guide for 4.2 only.

13. XFlak

Canada
    can u post a syscheck report?

the only other thing I can think of that it might be is your system menu IOS.
    4.1 uses IOS60
    4.2 uses IOS70
    4.3 uses IOS80

I've never heard of anything like this before, so this is speculation... but I'm wondering if something is funky with your IOS60 and 80 which is causing problems with 4.1/4.3... but that doesn't explain why 4.2 works until after you softmod it. Also, what process\guide are u using to mod your Wii?

Do u have any hardmods on this wii of any kind?

14. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    No hardmods at all.

I will post a syscheck report asap. I am using the WiiHacks 4.2 guide. This one -->http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archives/24839-softmod-any-4-2-wii.html before I was using this one --> http://gbatemp.net/topic/171901-modify-any-wii-43-below/

I think the latter is what messed it up.

15. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Maybe a older SM IOS on a newer motherboard? And the effin thing didn't brick... but caused weird I/O bugs?

16. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Use the guide in my signature to post a syscheck.

17. XFlak

Canada
    newer wii's only have issues when running SM's below 4.0 (unless IOS60 installed to SM slot), so I doubt that's the problem unless the guides he's been following are extremely poor

post a syscheck, but u might want to also consider using ModMii. I don't know the cause of your problem so I can't say it will necessarily make a difference, but worth a shot.

do u have a nand backup from before this problem started? (if u used ModMii, then u should, but I can't speak for the other guides)

18. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    Here is my SysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

This is from my Wii on 4.2 after Homebrew Channel is installed, that is all. It does power down with this SM on it. Furthermore when I go ahead and mod it with this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archives/24839-softmod-any-4-2-wii.html it works fine, and 4.3 works fine when I update to it. Stock only though, when I mod 4.3 it stops functioning. No idea what to do.

I can stick with 4.2, but something is wrong, I want/need to know what it is.

19. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    3.4 actually. It's not really important to this case, I just thought I should mention it.

20. nexxusty
    OP

Newcomer nexxusty Member

Canada
    Thanks for the help guys..... j/k

LOL, what happened all of a sudden everyone forgets about me? :)

Still facing this issue. 4.2 works fine though. Does that not ring any bells? The gentleman who mentioned IOS60 and 80 earlier, I think he was on to something. They do not work properly it seems, but 4.2/IOS70 does.

Something to go on I'd say. Anymore thoughts? My SysCheck is posted above, 2 posts up. Take a look if you can.