Wii Gets Its Price Drop

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Several retailers have dropped in-store Wii prices to less than £100 for the first time, following Nintendo lowering the guidance price for the console to £130.

Gamestation, Game and Asda are all selling the hardware for £99 from today, bundled with either Mario Kart or Wii Sports Resort.

Earlier this month, Nintendo dropped the trade price for the hardware to £130 - but EU laws prevent the company from setting a firm RRP. Several retailers have now undercut that price, with online and in-store offerings from £99 upwards.

Tesco are selling the bundle for £109, HMV for £114.99 and ShopTo and Play.com for £119.99.

Previously, £100 has represented something of a psychological barrier to console pricing, often triggering a sales surge once broken.

Also available from today is a range of classic Wii titles offered at the budget price of £19.99 - a range including Wii Sports, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Mario Strikers: Charged Football and Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City.[/p]

A source

To be expected really with the recent announcement of the Wii 2. But this could provide a huge surge in sales as the source above mentions in the coming weeks.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
Dammnit, I bought my Wii just a year ago for darn $200 just to see a price drop like this?

Fuuuuu---! >>;

You bought it a year earlier and lost £20 (gbp
wink.gif
). Man my heart bleeds for you.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
cwstjdenobs said:
Foxi4 said:
Dammnit, I bought my Wii just a year ago for darn $200 just to see a price drop like this?

Fuuuuu---! >>;

You bought it a year earlier and lost £20 (gbp
wink.gif
). Man my heart bleeds for you.

That's like... 2 McDonald's menus.

2. Not just 1 bigmac and fries with a drink, *2* bigmacs. Do you realize how much *joy* that'd give me? You obviously don't!

...I'm kidding btw.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just think how much the price for a used one will be when Cafe comes out.

GCNs sometimes go for under 10 bucks on Ebay. Ask more than 20-25 bucks for one there, and you're guaranteed to end up with zero bids.

I'm going to hold out, personally.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh, I paid roughly $130 (that's roughly 79 pounds) for mine (refurbished through GameStop) back in September.

D

Deleted User

'cos there aren't really any games yet.

The Wii will be winning when it gets to Skyward Sword and Xenoblade this Sep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...