wii gc softmod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by slightlyaskew, Apr 7, 2007.

1. slightlyaskew
    OP

slightlyaskew GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2004
    is there a *working* softmod for the Wii which allows you to play backup gamecube games?

2. Hit

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    wat you mean softmod?
    Any ModChip plays GameCube games right?

3. Hogmeister

Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    softmods are basically finding an exploit in a piece of software (games) that allows you to swap out a game and put a new one in to boot up a backup.

for the less soldering inclined people [​IMG] interesting methods but i prefer a chip myself and as far as i know, there aren't any known softmods out

4. slightlyaskew
    OP

slightlyaskew GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2004
    basically, for the first time ever i'm enjoying playing games that aren't pirated. it means i'll persevere with the wii games as they come out (and as & when I can afford to buy them). therefore, I've decided against chipping my wii for now.

however, there's a few gamecube titles I'd really like to try out that seem waaaay to expensive for 2nd hand games. I'd also love to play emulated stuff too, without the VC.

I know its not gonna happen, but I thought I'd ask if there was a known working GC softmod for the Wii.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice