1. Arcadeguy

OP Arcadeguy Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello.
    First of all sorry for my bad English, I am from Germany.

I read a lot on this forum and also watched some YouTube Videos. But till now I couldn't find a solution for my problem.

I injected some wii and GameCube Games via the wup installer. It worked really great and I can run the games direct from the Wii U menu.

In Case of the GameCube Games, the Wii U asks me if I want to use the Wii U Gamepad. Bit I really don't like this kind of controller.

I want to use my Wii U Pro Controller for those games. But as soon as the Game starts, the Wii U Pro Controller disconnects and the Wii U Gamepad (or the Wiimote) connects.

Is there a solution for this problem. It would be perfect if I wouldn't need the wii u gamepad at any step.

Greets from Germany.

2. Feffe

Feffe GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    For GC games press no when you're asked to use the GamePad, then when the game starts press some buttons on the Pro Controller to sync it.

For Wii games you can't use the Pro Controller.

3. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    1.No GamePad
    2.You need WiiMote to click ok.
    3.I just press a button A in this case on Pro Controller and it syncs up.

Pro Controllers are basically WiiMotes as far as WiiU is concerned.

I use Official WiiU Pro Controller or a 3rd Party GameCube Controller Adapter and GameCube Controllers.

You cant use Pro or GameCube Controllers via Wii Inject only GameCube Nintendont I am not sure about Fake 3rd Party Pro Controllers but the above works.

4. Nomado

Nomado Newbie
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    I too would like to know if it is possible to use WiiU pro controllers for Wii games. Any injections of software for this?

Also what is the best way to make vWii region free? I have acquired Skyward Sword PAL copy and want to play it on my US WiiU.

5. Arcadeguy

OP Arcadeguy Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    OK. Thanks guys. I guess the problem is that my wii u pro controller is a fake one.
    Will get an original soon and test again.
    But it is very sad that we have to use the Wiimote everytime just to click the "no"-Button... :(

6. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What you could do to play Wii games with a Wii U pro controller would be to get this adapter that can be connected to the bottom of your Wiimote (though it's meant for the NES and SNES Minis): https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes-sfc-classic/ and then connect any bluetooth controller to it including a Wii U Pro Controller, and the Wii/Wii U will recognize the Wii U pro controller as a Wii pro controller. This does mean that rumble wont work of course.

Likewise, you can use these adapters to connect Gamecube controllers to a Wiimote and be read like a Wii Classic Controller: https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-White/dp/B00YH3NWTW this too means that rumble wont work because the GC controller is being recognized as a Wii Classic Controller.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I hate to be that guy, but you don't need the Wiimote to hit No, you can hit No with the Gamepad, either with the d-pad and buttons or simply touching the no button on the screen. What you need the Wiimote for is to state how you want to set the displays (Just the TV, just the Gamepad display, or the TV and Gamepad). Still annoying all the same though.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Controller, Injector,