rolandde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have bootmii installed as boot2.

Yesterday, I decided to advance in my Wii hacking abilities and install a WAD onto my NAND. I used WAD Manager 1.7 to install and uninstall Mario Kart 64 and everything went fine (no Banner Brick).

However, when I turned on my Wii this morning, the light would turn green, but there would be no signal and the Wii was frozen. After a brief panic, I took out the SD card (on which bootmii and all my other apps are installed and which is always in my Wii) and the Wii booted up just fine. I then put the card in and loaded Homebrew and that loaded just fine.

The first thing I did was to reinstall bootmii and, lo and behold, the Wii boots up just fine again (with the bootmii screen preceding the Wii menu).

Does anybody know why this happened. Is it related to me installing a WAD or does bootmii just fuck up occasionally. Might it be my SD card dying?

Thanks for reading.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
you changed your screen resolution? bootmii will boot under ONE screen resolution that you set it in and can be changed with the bootmii config editor homebrew and also can change how long it stays on the bootmii splash screen

seems you changed resolution and got a black screen (when actually bootmii was really showing but not on your screen)
all you had to do was press reset (power button = next option, reset button = select option, eject = previous option... on bootmii)

use the homebrew I mentioned and you can make it auto boot to HBC or Wii menu without bootmii showing at all and this will never happen again

nothing wrong with your SD card so dont chuck it!

rolandde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lostdwarf said:
you changed your screen resolution? bootmii will boot under ONE screen resolution that you set it in and can be changed with the bootmii config editor homebrew and also can change how long it stays on the bootmii splash screen

seems you changed resolution and got a black screen (when actually bootmii was really showing but not on your screen)
all you had to do was press reset (power button = next option, reset button = select option, eject = previous option... on bootmii)

use the homebrew I mentioned and you can make it auto boot to HBC or Wii menu without bootmii showing at all and this will never happen again

nothing wrong with your SD card so dont chuck it!

That is the strange thing. I had it set to autoboot (5 sec). I did not change resolution (480p) in the Wii settings. I waited way more than 5 sec for the Wii startup screen to show.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE