Wii Gator + Wii Disc Menu Confusion

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ProgenitorVirus, Jun 12, 2009.

Jun 12, 2009
  1. ProgenitorVirus
    OP

Newcomer ProgenitorVirus Newbie

United States
    I decided to follow a guide to modding after a brick and $100 to Nintendo the first time I attempted, so I found a handy guide on AfterDawn

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/773505

It has link there to another guide which you follow first.

Okay, so, I follow the guide with two modifications

- Instead of using the HBC / Backup Launcher from the guide this one links to, I instead install from the BootMii installer
    - I didn't install Backup Launcher as a channel, I have Backup Launcher on my SD card to boot into HBC

So I follow the remainder of the guide up to IOS Downgrader (The portion on the site I linked to here)

And for some reason, I can see the backed up game's Animated Logo in the Disc Channel. When I try to boot from it, it gives me an error saying to eject/power off my Wii.

I go to Wii Gator's Backup Launcher, and the games can boot perfectly well from it, however, when I try to Reboot With Hooks, once a disc starts to be read, the Wii freezes.

So, is there any way I can play games from Wii disc channel? And is there a way to get the Reboot With Hooks thing working without my Wii freezing?

At the very least, I'd just like to get Rebooting With Hooks working, and get completely rid of the Disc Channel attempt at booting games, including how it's showing the games animated logo in there (Almost screaming like it will work to boot from it)

Can anybody help me with this? I'm very confused and have had my head in it for days now @____@

Thanks all!

2. rookrook

Member rookrook GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im by no means any good at this but im sure it somting to do with not installing starfall or cioscorp read up on them what ur lookiong for is somting to load games from the disc channel not the backupchannel although i have used both on same system

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    You need cIOScorp to boot from disc channel. However this will interfere with any bootmii update you install in the future. Booting from disc channel is really not a big deal. The ability to run backups is satisfying in and of itself. Just install a forwarder channel for your backup launcher and go from there. Otherwise you'll be doing a lot of updating and downgrading to install bootmii updates...

4. ProgenitorVirus
    OP

Newcomer ProgenitorVirus Newbie

United States
    Okay, thanks for the help!

One quick Q though, is there any reason why rebooting with hooks freezes my Wii when I insert a disc, and is there any way I can get rid of the Animated Logos on the disc channel? The Wii is for my GF and I don't want her to get too confused [​IMG]