Wii Gator as channel rather than from sd card

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by eca02apc, Jun 15, 2009.

1. eca02apc
    OP

eca02apc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    My apologies if this is a stupid question, but I am really not very up on the details of wii hacking, even after trawling through alot of posts on here! I'll get there though!

My problem is that I have successfully installed the Homebrew channel using the Bannerbomb exploit on my 3.3E I then downloaded a cIOS installer along with Wii Gator 0.3 gamma. The cIOS installer appears to install without any problems, although I'm afraid I don't know what ios its installing!!

The strange bit is that when I run the Wii Gator install it doesnt put a channel in the wii menu! It will reboot the wii and load whatever backup game is in the drive, so it appears to work fine! But every time i want to play a backup I have to re-run the installer as there is no channel to select!

Have I missed something or is this just a screwy wii gator download i've got?

Please help as I want to get it right!

Many thanks.

2. WiiMonkey

WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2009
    UK
    you probably have a dol file which will not install a channel but as you say run a game form the drive if you wish to install it as a channel you will have to find wad manager and a wad version of gamma and then install it using wad manger

3. eca02apc
    OP

eca02apc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    wad manager it is then! thanks for your help, I'll give it a go!

4. eca02apc
    OP

eca02apc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    whilst trying to install wad manager i get error ret -1 and the system reboots. is this due to me being on firmware 3.3? if not, what am i doing wrong?

5. eca02apc
    OP

eca02apc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    scratch that.... i hadnt created a root folder called wad!! my bad! all working now!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice