Wii games to have FRIEND CODES -_-

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Opium, Dec 15, 2006.

Dec 15, 2006
  1. Opium
    OP

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    [​IMG]

Source: IGN

............................ (replace the dots with your own creative swear word)

That is all.

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Hopefully this will be a one off and the rest of the online games will use the Wii code.

3. Madrigal

Member Madrigal GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't get what's up Nintendo's ass with their fear of open online play. I mean, you've never heard of a pedophile getting someone from Xbox live.

4. Opium
    OP

Australia
    I very much doubt that. This is saying that at least all 1st Party Nintendo games will use Friend Codes as Battle Revolution is 1st party. Why would they implement friend codes in one game rather than all of them?

I expect all developers will be required to use friend codes too.

Well so much for Wii online, it was good while it lasted.

5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    It is possible for Nintendo to change their minds and have just the Wii codes for online games aswell.
    Especially if enough people complain about it.

6. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    That sucks. [​IMG]

7. Opium
    OP

Australia
    People have been complaining about friend codes ever since the DS went online, if Nintendo was going to listen they would have already.

8. choupette

Newcomer choupette Advanced Member

France
    easy : they don't want people to meet online using their games. it allows children to be protected far more efficiently than other systems, and it sucks ass for us, adults.

9. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    i met my girlfriend in a online game ;_; Nintendo why have you done this to us?
    Friend Codes is the WORST thing ever you ever made.
    CURSE YOU NINTENDO WIFI!

Edit: After reading that carefully, maybe the friend codes might be some kind of "Friends" instead of going to look for a room to battle (in pokemon) you can directly connect to one friend.
    Well... just a theory z.z, like "Favorites" or something

10. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    It's kind of a pain in the proverbial backside, but other than that, it's not the end of the world.

11. rabbit1654

Newcomer rabbit1654 Member

Germany
    perhaps I don't quiet get the point, but isn't there an open online play available with the DS?

What's the problem? I can say 'play online whatever' in Teris DS or Mario Kart DS and it just finds buddies to play with.

the friend codes are a genius invention to directly connect with my friends next door.

i really don't see the point

the fact that my friendcode will differ from game to game is not that annoying i think

12. Purple@work

Newcomer Purple@work Member

United States
    It's not as convenient as one code per system but at least if you and your frieinds have exchanged Wii codes already then you can send them a message with your Wii to say I have 'X' game my friend code is 'XXXXX'

13. Opium
    OP

Australia
    Can you imagine typing in "I bought SSMB today, my friend code is 1234-5678-9101-2345, please add me!" using the Wiimote? Then repeating that message to 50 other people?

14. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    get there wiimail addresses then just send out a mass message to everyone. Problem solved.

15. SYN7HOR

Newcomer SYN7HOR Advanced Member

Sweden
    Nintendos online legacy was one of the things that put me off from getting a Wii. I got the XBox 360 instead, and I'm pretty impressed with it I must say. It costs very little more, and for that extra cash you get a harddrive, 10 times more powerful hardware, 1080i HDTV support (really a must if you've got a big set) and a really enjoyable online component. And it doesn't hurt that it's really simple to pirate games too.

I'm playing Gears of war co-op with strangers online, and it works great. No pedophilia here.

That being said, I might get a Wii when the price goes down, but for now it's far too pricey.

16. Purple@work

Newcomer Purple@work Member

United States
    SYN7HOR, I can almost guarentee that the day you get your Wii you will gutted you didn't get it sooner.

17. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    this is their worst idea ever... can't someone talk back at nintendo so they'll understand this isn't good?

18. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    well i heard that your wii will send automaticly your friend codes to people in your list , it ask you something like : do you want to send your friend code to your friends?. Well it makes a while back at the E3 or something like that so i don't have source but im quite sure i readed that somewhere.

Oh and maybe that IGN misunderstanded something , the game is in japanese , and from what i know , that moron Matt doesn't know japanese. So let wait maybe that having someone in your friend code list would only had a function or 2 to what you can do online with the game.

Oh and why crying on the WiFi connection , damn it still free.

19. maxlifan

Newcomer maxlifan Advanced Member

Canada
    dam lol this sucks... and how the hell r they gonna protect children.... i'm 13 and i met alot of drunk guy online swearing and stuff.... and that was using there "friend system"

20. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    i have elebits now and it uses the wii CONSOLE codes to trade levels on WFC...
    i think it is up to developers to choose to use the console codes or not