Hacking Wii games looks terrible on my screen even in 576p

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would try 480p, not 576p (which is not an official option opposed to 576i – as far as I know);

No kind of upscaling will give you HD graphics from an older console (The Wii U essentially becomes a Wii when loading Wii software – with all the limitations).

Is using the Dolphin emulator an alternative for you? I've read that rendering GC/Wii games in higher resolutions on the emulator can be quite impressive. Sometimes high resolution texture packs exists to further improve the picture.

There is a discussion about GC games on Wii U looking worse than on Wii. Maybe compare the results you get on Wii U to a Wii connected with component cable.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, , Reason: typo

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would try 480p, not 576p (which is not an official option opposed to 576i – as far as I know);

No kind of upscaling will give you HD graphics from an older console (The Wii U essentially becomes a Wii when loading Wii software – with all the limitations).

Is using the Dolphin emulator an alternative for you? I've read that rendering GC/Wii games in higher resolutions on the emulator can be quite impressive. Sometimes high resolution texture packs exists to further improve the picture.

There is a discussion about GC games on Wii U looking worse than on Wii. Maybe compare the results you get on Wii U to a Wii connected with component cable.
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1254152

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome