Wii Games Expected 19th to 23rd November

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Theres a fair few arcadey titles this week for the Wii, something I feel the Wii is lacking. Sure you can get many on VC but many of those I've played a thousand times before. Read on.

19th November

Link's Crossbow Training

Region: US Genre: Shoot-me-do
    Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo
    Players: 1-4

Well ok the Wii Zapper is basically a shell but at least it comes with this game which I'm sure some people will pay the asking price for. Basically its a lightgun style game (though one mode does let you move around) and it looks fun. Theres 27 levels to play through and 3 modes. Not bad for $20. Cheapskates who only intend to pirate this will be pleased to know that the Wii Zapper is just a shell so this should work with just a Wiimote and nunchuck.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20th November

Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Region: US Genre: Shooter-me-do
    Developer: Kuju Entertainment Publisher: Sierra
    Players: 1-4 Features: DS connectivity, Online & Hotseat.

The 360 Live game was damn fine, and damn pretty to look at too. For the first time ever, the Geometry Wars videogame will let players battle via hot seat, co-op, simultaneous and versus in multiplayer mode. Those that own both the Nintendo DS and Wii can link the game together using Wi-Fi to unlock bonus content. Elite players will be able to challenge the universe by posting high scores on the Wii’s online leader board. Also included is the awesome Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved which appeared on the XBL in 2005.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ghost Squad

Region: US Genre: Lightgun-me-do
    Developer: Sega-AM2 Publisher: Sega
    Players: 1-4 Features: DS connectivity, Online & Hotseat.

I loved this in the arcades and I have been waiting ages for Sega to bring it to the home consoles. Ghost Squad puts you in a a squad of three others as you traverse three different mission areas each comprised of multiple levels, unlocking 25 high-powered weapons as you progress. Within each level there are a series of selectable alternate routes that will provide the gamer with increasing challenges as enemies attack from unexpected places. Weapon selection is varied across a wide array of weapon types ranging from machine guns, submachine guns, pistols, sniper rifles, shotguns, and even crossbows. The game features the use of the Wii Remote as a multi-purpose tool that allows players to easily control the targeting of on-screen enemies, defuse bombs, and rescue hostages. Me want it.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Soulcalibur Legends

Region: US Genre: Action-me-do
    Developer: Namco Bandai Games Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
    Players: 1-2

A spin off from the one on one fighter, this time it an full blown action/adventure title. I kinda looks meh though. In fact if it hadn't had the "Soulcalibur" name attached to it I'd doubt anyone would care. tUsing the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as their weapons of choice, players perform moves and combos using orchestrated slashes and movements. I hope its a good game but I'm expecting mediocrity. Dear Namco please give the Wii some respect and give us a proper fully fledge fighter that we all know and love.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Star Trek: Conquest

Region: US Genre: Action Strategy-me-do
    Developer: 4JStudios Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Players: 1

Players take control of Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion, and Breen forces and lead them in a campaign to control the Galaxy, one planet at a time. Build and manage your growing empire in turn-based strategy, fully utilizing the Wii Remote as you select and maneuver your starships throughout the large, galactic map. Strategically, you must effectively manage limited resources to expand your empire. You decide how to best achieve objectives by managing your fleets and admirals, building support structures, researching technology, and engaging your enemies in combat.Once battle is initiated, Conquest switches to a ship level tactical view allowing direct command of your ships as you engage in real-time combat. While maneuvering your starship with the Nunchuk, take direct aim and fire away with the Wii Remote. Could be good but the developers last Star Trek game was really boring. Its also a budget priced game.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Trauma Center: New Blood

Region: US Genre: Surgeon-me-do
    Developer: Atlus Co. Publisher: Atlus Co.
    Players: 1-4 Features: 16:9 Support, 480p Support, Dolby Pro Logic II, Online

Never played the last Wii game but I did really enjoy the DS title. Following both Dr. Markus Vaughn and Valerie Blaylock, two Alaskan surgeons with the Healing Touch who are recruited into the Concordia Medical Institute after their local facilities closes down. Once there, they learn that the doctors on staff are regularly more concerned with maintaining their excessive lifestyles than they are with the patients they tend to. Markus and Valerie are eventually taken into a government organization known as Caduceus, where they begin to learn about a vast conspiracy. The game comes complete with a fully functioning two-player cooperative mode in which gamers will have full control over each character, both operating with all their tools at the same time. The game features full voice work and an online scoring system.

Video Link

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also out on this day but look or sound sucky:
    AMF Bowling Pinbusters (shovelware?)
    Indoor Sports (By Konami who haven't released any screens or info)
    Monster Jam (another shovelware title)
    Showtime Championship Boxing (its by DSI, so should suck balls)

23rd November

Mini Desktop Racing

Region: Europe Genre: Race-me-do
    Developer: Data Design Interactive Publisher: Popcorn Arcade (uh oh!)
    Players: 1-2

Popcorn arcade...masters of the shovelware game! Most of their titles apparently suck total balls. This one could be ok but I don't expect it to. Looks like a Micro Machines clone. The game offers the chance to zoom through the everyday office environment with a new perspective. Everything in the levels can be played with, bumped in the way of your oppo-nents, smashed, activated to change the gameplay (turning on fans or magnets, spilling drinks, etc.) This was previously out on PC/PS2 and can be found in the bargin big for £2.99

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My Horse & Me

Region: Europe Genre: Horse-me-do
    Developer: W!Games Publisher: Atari

Another horse title, this one is by Atari who are desperate to get some money as they are dying! So they attempt this by making a lame looking horse title...meh.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok I'm tired about doing this now as the rest of the Europe releases are shovelware:
    Myth Makers: Orbs of Doom
    Big Rig Racer 2

As usual dates may change and some of the dates could be shipping dates. Don't forget to check out the DS thread for next week, the link is in my sig.

2. Barta

Member Barta GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    No EU releases?

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah the ones on the 23rd, I forgot to change the region. Fixed now.

4. Rulza

Member Rulza GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Looking forward to Geometry Wars :]

5. avant1277

Member avant1277 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    thanks as always for your efforts hadrian, much appreciated!

I'm looking forward to geometry wars and ghost squad. links crossbow training could be fun too.

I loved micromachines on the nes and the second one on the megadrive, it would be great (although admitidly unlikely) if mini desktop racer turns out to be fun.

6. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    OMG, how amazing does Geometry Wars: Galaxies look!!.

(Off topic a bit but when does GW: G come out on DS?)

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Its out the week after, on the 27th.

8. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Link's crowwbow training [​IMG] Never heard of that one before. Can't wait to test it

9. WK416

Member WK416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Link's Crossbow Training. I have it. It's fun. It's awesome. If you have a Wii and a spare 20 bucks lying around, you won't regret the purchase!

I'm lookin forward to most of the games coming out in that week. Only problem is is deciding which version of Geometry Wars to get. [​IMG]

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'll pirate the DS one and buy the Wii one, that way I can make use of the Wii/DS connectivity.

I've been looking up both versions and it appears that they seem the same, with the same content just that the Wii game is prettier. Unless Sierra only published details for one game but just put "Coming to DS & Wii" in their statement.

11. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies is going to be awwwwwesome [​IMG]

12. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    I'm going to enjoy the new Trauma Center in co-op mode.

"Okay, I'll handle the stitching while you bandage the patient up."
    "OH GOD YOU'RE USING THE SCALPAL! THERE'S BLOOD EVERYWHERE! WHY?!"

13. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Link's Crossbow Training is only 20 dollars?
    Dear god, the idiots at Greece will sell it for 50 euros, I know it.
    And I wanted to buy it [​IMG]

edit:
    20.00 USD = 13.6532 EUR

what

YAY THEY'LL SELL IT FOR 30 EUROS EVEN IF IT SHOULD BE 20

14. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    crossbow and geometry

15. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    I think I read that it'll be £24.99 over here which is like $50. Not good really for a shell and a short game.