Homebrew Wii games are able to run on iOS (iPhone), theres no reason it can't come to the switch

NathanBrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
As the title says, wii games now can run at like 95 percent full speed on ios devices like iPhone. If it can run on the iphone, theres no reason it shouldn't be able to run on the switch through an emulator. What do you all think?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As the title says, wii games now can run at like 95 percent full speed on ios devices like iPhone. If it can run on the iphone, theres no reason it shouldn't be able to run on the switch through an emulator. What do you all think?

The A13 Bionic in the latest iPhone has roughly twice the more power compared to the Tegra X1 T210 (Switch). So that sums it up for now.

Reactions: crossholo

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, Tegra X1 T210 is a crappy and underpowered. Yeah, A13 Bionic in the latest iPhone is powerful than Nintendo Switch. I own iPhone, by the way.

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Ok, prove it. Make it happen. Post a real Release

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're about 5 years since the X1, and Apple is the leader in consumer mobile chips and aren't selling them to anyone. So enjoy Dolphin on your jailbroken iPads because that power is never coming to current Switch devices.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not an apples to apples Comparison (pun not intended) But the switch runs an entirely different operating system than iOS wii Games will run on switch. But the drivers need to be extremely optimized for the hardware. I would like to see happen on a current X one switch but I believe if it’s possible it will take a long time.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Man, oh man, c'mon, you're better than that... OH C'MON MAN, learn more about the matter, porting an emulator to a system like horizonOS isn't like just changing the extension from .ipa to .nsp, you make it sounds like that's the way it's done.

Of course switch hardware can handle dolphin, but for horizonOS more work has to be done and more dependencies has to be implement (in layman's terms), if you want wii and gc, boot Android and be happy or, like it's being done with dolphinios, start porting and focusing on porting the damn thing!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're about 5 years since the X1, and Apple is the leader in consumer mobile chips and aren't selling them to anyone. So enjoy Dolphin on your jailbroken iPads because that power is never coming to current Switch devices.
You don't need to be jailbroken. you can sideload most things with impactor (granted, only 7 days at a time without a developer account) or as in my case with Provenance-emu (OUTSTANDING project... PS, N64, etc run well on an iPhone X) build it directly to the phone using a mac or mac VM. I use a VM.

HappehLemons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish gbatemp website would ban people for useless posts like these.

Unskilled people begging for things beyond their own capabilities is funny don't get me wrong, I love when stupid people ask for things :rofl:

But I have no idea how developers do it, dealing with the crowd of people like this!

I'm sure that's why most stay away.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Rahkeesh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1