Homebrew Wii games are able to run on iOS (iPhone), theres no reason it can't come to the switch

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Dolphin iOS on my iPad Pro... it’s such a piece of shit app.

On-screen controls??? Have they ever even seen a gamecube controller... you can’t even press screen buttons properly while using screen joystick

iOS has official support for DualShock 4 and Xbox controllers... and this doesn’t even have support for that. Such a waste of time. Compatibility and frame rate is pretty crap too. Utterly rubbish and piss poor performance. Developed by 2 homos that ask for donations too lol

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As the title says, wii games now can run at like 95 percent full speed on ios devices like iPhone. If it can run on the iphone, theres no reason it shouldn't be able to run on the switch through an emulator. What do you all think?
Judging by my testing with Dolphin Android on Switch, most Wii games are probably never gonna be fullspeed, GC games I'm having far more luck with though, those often run almost fullspeed, or fullspeed, with 40% cpu clock override. CPU clock override just prevents the audio from lagging when the framerate is not perfect. And makes games run faster overall, if they don't utilize the CPU much.
Mario Kart Double Dash and Paper Mario TTYD both run excellent. But Wind Waker is still slow. Super Mario Sunshine is OK, kinda low fps/choppy in larger stages but no audio glitches with 40% cpu clock override. Intro area with the plane is fucking *perfect* 60 FPS, so it was a bit disappointing when I got into the first stage, and had a lot of slowdown.
Super Smash Bros Melee is also OK on smaller stages. The climbing level with Ice Climbers was laggy.
Any Wii game I have tried though as ran at half speed, or less. It would take a lot to make them run full speed on the Switch. Nintendo might be able to do it though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.