Wii Game Saves on SD card !! Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by satel, Jul 5, 2007.

Jul 5, 2007
  1. satel
    OP

Member satel Luigi's Big Brother

Tokelau
    hi,

bought a new Wii & i want to transfer my old game Saves from SD memory card to my new Wii system memory but Wii doesn't copy the Saves from SD card !! i dont want to start all my games from the beginning !
    can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong here ? thanks guys

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    You need to update the firmware. For some reason, earlier firmwares didn't have the option to backup your saves to an SD card, or retrieve saves from the SD card back into system memory.

3. KeitaroBaka

Member KeitaroBaka Advanced Member

France
    you must run the game corresponding to the save at least once in order to be able to copy your save from SD card. just run it to title screen and then exit.

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I tried that with Rayman, and it didn't work. The save was made on another Wii, and my Wii couldn't retrieve the save, it couldn't even see the SD card except in the Photo channel. It couldn't find thesave on the SD card even after I started the game. I had to play all the way through from the beginning. The update added an SD icon to the "data management" menu, ad now I can backup and restore saves from the SD card.

5. satel
    OP

Member satel Luigi's Big Brother

Tokelau
    i tried what you said on the god father game & it worked thanks for your help mate [​IMG]

thanks guys .