Wii Game Ripping

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SnacksHacks, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SnacksHacks
    OP

SnacksHacks Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    I'm trying to rip the soundtrack from Animal Crossing: City Folk. I've dumped the ISO of the game with Waninkoko's DVD dumper. I found exactly where the sounds/songs are, and it's in a brsas file. I found an application that unpacks .brsas files, but it doesn't do the job for me. When I open it with the brsas file it skips every single sound/song in the brsas for some reason. I've been staying up practically all night trying to find a solution on how to rip Wii game music.

So that's as far as I am. I have the file with all the songs inside it, I just need to unpack it correctly. Any help PWNS

EDIT: I'm extracting with WiiScrubber.

~Snacks [​IMG]

2. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
  3. SnacksHacks
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    @nitrostemp: I've been to the identical thread before. It didn't help much. Where can I get this "Trucha Tool" that is mentioned in that thread though? I'm using Wii Scrubber to extract the brsas files. Could there be a difference between the two that matters

4. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    no, trucha is for playing copyed games

5. SnacksHacks
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    @nitrostemp: Oh. Ok. This topic kind of steers away from the usual in here. Not a lot of people have experience with this stuff.