Gaming Wii Game of the Year!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way too many DS topics on game of the year but not many on the Wii. It wasn't a huge year for the Wii, but it had its memorable games.

So, some possible Game of the Year games...

- MadWorld
- The Conduit
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex
- Little King's Story
- Beatles Rock Band
- Guitar Hero 5
- DJ Hero
- Punch Out!!
- Rabbids Go Home
- Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
- Dead Space: Extraction
- Boom Blox: Bash Party

And others.

My top 3 for the year...

#1: MadWorld: Amazing game, plainly put. Great use of action sequences, akin to Resident Evil 4, awesome, over-the-top violent gameplay, hilarious commentary and fun, not to mention some of the coolest bosses I've seen.

#2: The Conduit: Say what you might, but The Conduit really pushed some boundaries for the Wii. It proved that the Wii can serve up full-featured online play. While The Conduit wasn't 100% successful in that, it proved the concept. It also really helped prove that FPS Wii games are truly possible. And of course, it laid the pathway for many great future HVS games.

#3: Boom Blox: Simply put, Spielberg is able to outlive having "E.T." attributed to him. It's casual gaming at it's best. It took all the excellence of the first Boom Blox and expanded it so much. Online sharing features, more levels, more unlockables, a better editor, etc etc. Having played this with a 4 year old and a 40 year old, it's a game that works for anybody.

What about you guys?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Say what you might, but The Conduit really set some boundaries for the Wii.
Whaaaaaat? Don't you mean it pushed the boundaries? It's a stupid cliché but is presumably what you meant.

Yeah, sorry, my brain is fried from annotating some dumb packet for homework.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My vote is for Dead Space: Extraction...
I wasn't too sure what to expect going in. "Another on-rails shooter? yay" Pleasantly surprised! This game was absolutely stunning. Great gameplay in every sense. I was truly captivated and played it through 3 times on increasing difficulty. When normally I only 'plan' to play again, I immediately jumped back in upon finishing it... twice!
An awesome game that is truly an underdog.

I loved it so much I am now playing Dead Space on PC and its become one of the most immersive games I have ever played. Two thumbs up for both of these games. For once I can say "Good Job EA" without any sarcasm
smileipb2.png

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
doesnt matter what you all think should win New Super Mario Bros will win because...it's F mario and it's not my choice but it will still win!
laugh.gif
nintendo is gonna make the game win so that the sales go even higherfor it even thought its not even that good of a game as i expected it to be
ide say they should make it Mad world

yesterday on spike the winner for bst wii game was new super mario bros

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
Bladexdsl said:
doesnt matter what you all think should win New Super Mario Bros will win because...it's F mario and it's not my choice but it will still win!
laugh.gif
nintendo is gonna make the game win so that the sales go even higherfor it even thought its not even that good of a game as i expected it to be
ide say they should make it Mad world

yesterday on spike the winner for bst wii game was new super mario bros

Yeah because it's a Nintendo developed game with "Mario" on it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not many games have appealed to me this year for the Wii. I'm just going to say NSMB, even that wasn't exactly ground breaking in any way. Same old, same old.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I liked Dead Space Extraction the best. Killer graphics (for the Wii anyway), great story, fun gameplay.

I finished NSMBW just because I've beat every 'mario' gam for every Nintendo platform so far, but I really wasn't impressed. It was just a rehash of the same game we've all played hundreds of times. A couple new suits and multiplayer doesn't turn a tired franchise rehash into Game of The Year imo.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've mostly been playing old games this year (Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Mario Kart etc) but Reflex is a pretty good game released this year. My vote would go to Reflex but some other games like Muramasa, Excitebots and Wii Sports Resort were great too.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haven't played enough games to make a good decision.
I loved Little Kings Story though, and I don't think any game will come close.
CoD MW Reflex will just be a kinda letdown for me since I'm used to the kick-ass PC graphics and gameplay.
MadWorld is nothing for me, don't like it.
PES 2009 is my GOTY, but I realize it's not for everyone, so my vote goes to Little Kings Story.

So where's the poll at
unsure.gif
?

Centimetro

Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
I dabbled in all of the games listed in this thread, but New Super Mario Bros Wii and Punch Out Wii were the only games that grabbed my attention among the crowd of games and got me to complete them.

My vote goes to New Super Mario Bros Wii

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pertmywert said:
What about the Tales of Monkey Island series?! Let's not forget the hillarious storyline which Telltale bestowed onto us! o:

Tales of MI series isn't bad as far as the game goes, but the technical part of port for the Wii was so crappy there is no way it should be GOTY. The framerate is near unplayable in a lot of places.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
Retrievil said:
pertmywert said:
What about the Tales of Monkey Island series?! Let's not forget the hillarious storyline which Telltale bestowed onto us! o:

Tales of MI series isn't bad as far as the game goes, but the technical part of port for the Wii was so crappy there is no way it should be GOTY. The framerate is near unplayable in a lot of places.
:< Framerate shmamerate.
kfien, I vouch NSMBWii, due to it's sexy and lovable multiplayer.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's gotta be CoD Reflex. Pretty good graphics even for the Wii, and incredible online.

Second place will go to the new Silent Hill game. Haven't quite beaten it yet, but it is outrageously fun, and incredibly scary.

It hasn't been a bad year for the Wii actually, but 2010's looking like it's gonna have some incredible lineups.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSMB Wii. No questions asked. It's the first game that actually does its job in grabbing the attention of the old gamers like myself just as much as the young ones, too. Nintendo said right from the start at E3, when Wii was unveiled, they want to appeal to the entire potential audience from young children to older retired people....well, I think we all remember stomping Bowser when we were young kids on NES, and now we can do it at 50, too lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended