Wii Game Manager v1.5 (wbfs output larger than iso)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by penbralat, Sep 24, 2010.

1. penbralat
    OP

Newcomer penbralat Newbie

United States
    Okay, for the life of me I can't figure out what I am doing wrong (if anything). I recently decided to format my external hard drive to FAT32 format so that I could utilize the drive for things other than just for .wbfs backups. Well, once the formatting process was done I downloaded Wii Game Manager v1.5 and transferred all of my games that I had backed up to my hard drive (already in .wbfs format) to the newly formatted FAT32 drive with no issues at all. However, I have recently tried using the software to convert my iso images into wbfs format to save space but for some reason the output's always larger than the iso itself which is strange. I have tried numerous times with the same result. I can only assume that I am doing something wrong as before I even start the conversion it shows what the "estimated size" will be after converting the .iso to .wbfs but it's never right. I would really appreciate any help in fixing this. Thanks.

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Just re-rip the games to your hard drive right from the loader. UNLESS... naw, you wouldn't pirate Wii games, would you?

3. penbralat
    OP

Newcomer penbralat Newbie

United States
    That's a good idea! I didn't even think of that so I guess it's worth a shot. What if this method doesn't work, though? What could I possibly be doing wrong?