Wii full bricked, only soft modded, who should I send it to?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UKTone, Feb 9, 2010.

1. UKTone
    OP

Member UKTone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are the any US repairers that you guys can recommend?

Are there any repair cds I can try, don't want to try hardmodding it since they will probably be able to tell that I did that esp since I need a fan repair.

If there is nothing I can do but send it to Nintendo, how can they find out I softmodded my system?
    Read they charged someone $230 (probably before the price change), my wii goes directly to the black screen, no double flashes and I don't know if I can use preloader (installed it, but isn't in my apps folder), could someone tell me how to get the stuff that is in the preloader apps folder? Also I have bootmii folder with armboot, pcc thing (my laptop shut off), and a bootmii notepad (is there anyway I can get a bootmii.ini, would that work?

I kind of don't want to send it to Nintendo since I registered it on their website, its a really old wii, got it the first christmas it came out.

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    when you turn on the wii, does the disc slot light flash a couple times quickly?
    what happens when you hold reset and turn it on?

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u installed priiloader (and didn't un-knowing uninstall it) u MAY still be able to access it. Try holding reset right after u turn on the wii. It will take u to priiloader if u have it. If that doesn't work, continue reading DeadlyFoez thread on fixing bricks

4. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand