Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a problem restoring my NAND with BootMii in Boot2
i have a bricked wii and i've tried to restore the NAND with a previous installed NAND Backup
but nothing happens, i still have a black screen

but i have found a thread at

http://archive.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207003

QUOTE said:
but if you read carefully the sneek topic you will see that you could rebuild a clean nand by using nus downloader.. you will need a few files from your one wii though..

which files from my old wii do i need... i have also a dumped FS via FSToolBox so i have all files and folders on an external HDD

thx for help

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its important to have the keys.bin file in case of emergencies... but i'm pretty sure u don't need the keys.bin on the sd card to restore your nand, only the nand.bin file (this may be because the keys.bin file is actually included at the very end of the nand.bin)

edit: actually, i'm positive u don't need the keys.bin on the sd card to restore your nand

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xflak40 said:
u cannot using bootmii to restore a nand backup made from FSToolBox

did u make a nand backup using bootmii?

if so, make sure u have the nand.bin file saved to the root of your sd card

i know that i cannot restore a nand backup made from FSTToolBox, this is just a second Backup i have made

i've tried to restore a NAND Backup made by BootMii
and after the test, made by bootmii, i pressed Eject for the real Backup...
but after that i still have a blackscreen and the wii does just boot in BootMii but nothing else

in the root of my SD i have a NAND.bin and a keys.bin

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
so r u saying that the real restore is successul and writing "I HAZ SUCCESS"

if so...

after restoring your nand, rename the bootmii folder on your sd card to ~bootmii (or anything other than bootmii), then try turning on your wii

QUOTE(Kawaii-Tora @ Feb 25 2010, 08:26 PM) but after that i still have a blackscreen and the wii does just boot in BootMii but nothing else
rolleyes.gif

So the wii gives a black screen if you boot it without SD card?
What brick are we talking about here anyway?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u can't access the system menu, and restoring your nand doesn't fix that problem, use bootmii to access the homebrew channel, then launch wad manager and reinstall your system menu IOS and your system menu, u can get the wads using nus auto downloader and/or nusd (this can also be done using dop-ios and an internet connection)

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xflak40 said:
if u can't access the system menu, and restoring your nand doesn't fix that problem, use bootmii to access the homebrew channel, then launch wad manager and reinstall your system menu IOS and your system menu, u can get the wads using nus auto downloader and/or nusd (this can also be done using dop-ios and an internet connection)

i have tried this too... but even when i try to start HBC i have a blacscreen too
with my second nand backup made by FSToolBox i have made a SNEEK SD
it starts, but it says my system files are corrupted "Die Systemdateien sind fehlerhaft..."
right now i try to extract the old "nand.bin" and give it a try

even with the extracted NAND Backup i have a black screen
are there any possibilities left to rescue my wii via the NUS Downloader and make a new, clean NAND Backup from a working SNEEK SysMenu?

loosing all the original bought VC and WiiWare content would hurt a lot
sad.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do u have priiloader or preloader installed by any chance? it sounds like u may have the new homebrew channel installed on your wii with the old bootmii (or vice verca, or u may not have the HBC channel installed at all). If u have priiloader, u can install access either the HAXX HBC or the JODI HBC by installing and launching the right forwarder dol.

if none of this works for u, u can research comex's nand formatter and/or betwiin

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xflak40 said:
do u have priiloader or preloader installed by any chance? it sounds like u may have the new homebrew channel installed on your wii with the old bootmii (or vice verca, or u may not have the HBC channel installed at all). If u have priiloader, u can install access either the HAXX HBC or the JODI HBC by installing and launching the right forwarder dol.

if none of this works for u, u can research comex's nand formatter and/or betwiin

i have not installed preloader
bootmii version is 0.4
HBC 1.0.6

as far as i know these are the newes versions

so it is not possible to repair a defect NAND Backup on PC using NUS downloader?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no u cant repair a nand.bin file

its possible your HBC IOS is messed up and that's why u can't access the HBC (usually this is IOS61)

remember, i'm asking what version of the HBC was installed on your wii when u MADE the nand backup, not what u had before restoring it

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i had made the NAND Backup i had HBC 1.0.6 and BootMii 0.4 installed and the Wii was working properly

all i made before the brick was playing Mario Kart Wii from original Disc and the last changes on my NAND were before the NAND dump

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
not sure what the problem is then... either there is information being left unsaid (and i'm not asking the right questions)... or some weird shit is going on

unless some1 else has any other bright ideas, i would look into comex's nand formatter and/or betwiin

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes u would lose all that, but u may be able to salvage all that from your nand dump (using showmiiwads to pack that content into wads)... i'm not sure if u can reinstall those wads though... i know u can as long as its the same wii, but after doing comex's nand formatter... i'm not sure if its still classified as "the same wii"

but hey, even if u lose those channels, at least ur wii will be working (hopefully)

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i just got comex nand formatter
got sysmenu 3.2, rgnsel, and eula via NUS Downloader
put them into a folder WAD on SD
comex formatter installs these three wads but after a reboot i still have a blank screen and nothing happens

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
research harder!! there are more files u need, off the top of my head

u need a system menu (which u have), and its system menu IOS, EULA, REGION Select and i think u also need the IOSs for EULA and Region Select... I'm not sure which wads u need above and beyond that, i never had to use comex's nand formatter (although I played with a mod of it)

also, after installing these files and trying to boot the wiimenu, be sure to wait up to 5 minutes, as it can take that long to initialize (for lack of a better word) your newly formatted nand

edit: u don't need any other IOSs to boot the wiimenu, but u would have to install them eventually anyways... so feel free to also install them using the nand formatter (just make sure they're not stubs)

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, it seem i'm chanceless... i had installed rgnsel, eula, sysmenu 3.2E and all IOSs used with sysmenu 3.2E
i still have a blank screen even if i wait up to 30mins
possibly the wiis nand is damaged, and if thats the case i'm really screwed, ithink... had also tried to make a new nand dump using bootmii but this time i had a lot of bad blocks... maybe the half of the entire nand

i still hope the best
the main problem is just, i have bought WiiWare and VC Titles for ca. 500Eur thats would all be lost if i have to buy a new wii =(

and even if its possible to install them back via wads, this would still be piracy and that is not what i want

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol