Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kawaii-Tora said:
well, it seem i'm chanceless... i had installed rgnsel, eula, sysmenu 3.2E and all IOSs used with sysmenu 3.2E
i still have a blank screen even if i wait up to 30mins
possibly the wiis nand is damaged, and if thats the case i'm really screwed, ithink... had also tried to make a new nand dump using bootmii but this time i had a lot of bad blocks... maybe the half of the entire nand

i still hope the best
the main problem is just, i have bought WiiWare and VC Titles for ca. 500Eur thats would all be lost if i have to buy a new wii =(

and even if its possible to install them back via wads, this would still be piracy and that is not what i want
Sucks hard if the NAND is damaged that much...
But you should forget your thought about installing things back that you bought would be bad bad piracy. You just bought them. So if it would work then be happy to not loose your ~500Eur. Using methods that can be used to get software illegally to restore software you got legally before has nothing to do with "piracy" -.- .

Haven't tried NAND-Emulation, but if it works (and doesn't have huge performance drops, dunu...), it seems to be nearly the only way to get anything from your >700 bucks back.

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
_mrshl_ said:
Sucks hard if the NAND is damaged that much...
But you should forget your thought about installing things back that you bought would be bad bad piracy. You just bought them. So if it would work then be happy to not loose your ~500Eur. Using methods that can be used to get software illegally to restore software you got legally before has nothing to do with "piracy" -.- .

OK thats a point,
but how can the NAND be damaged this hard?

i have a litte success right now
i had installed IOS30, regionselect, EULA and Sysmenu 3.1 via Comex NAND formatter
now i have the "Press A to Continue Screen" but my Wiimote is not recognized by my wii... have i forgotten something?

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it was my fault... forgot to press the synch buttons on my wii and wiimote... now it works
wii seems to be alive again... first i update it to 4.2, then i hope bootmii in boot2 will not be lost or restorable

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
as ur wii is 'unstable' at the moment, i would not do an official ninty update... because if u do, it will most likely uninstall bootmii as boot2 depending on your current boot2 version(which can always be re-installed, but if something goes wrong b4 u can reinstall it, u are screwed).

I recommend upgrading to 4.2 using nus auto downloader and wad manager

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
worked well..
SysMenu 4.2E is working... even all WiiWare and VC Titles i can redownload via the official shop channel *happy*

HBC and BootMii in Boot2 are installed too
now i just need to know how to config BootMii to not automaticly the HBC
would be nice to see the BootMii screen again

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there's bootmii switch, bootmii configurator (both those apps run on the wii)

and there's bootmi ini creator (or something like that) that runs on windows

fyi, make a nand backup now and let us know how many bad blocks u have... i'm curious to see if its still 'half' the nand... not to mention it would be a good idea to backup your nand since ur last backup was broken

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's weird.... from 50% bad blocks to 1 bad block.... i have no idea why this would happen

were u getting 50% bad blocks consistently b4? or did it just happen the once.

r u sure it was 50% bad blocks? because i think if u r doing a nand restore, it only highlights in green the blocks that are different from the nand backup and current nand (and the blocks that have not been changed look black).

sooooo, problem solved now?

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry that i din'nt make a screen...
i've tried to make another NAND Backup an there BootMii said many bad blocks (on sceen it looked like maybe 50% black blocks)

and on NAND restore it made some green blocks and unchanged blocks remain grey

for now it seems working well... only the missing miis and savegames hurt a bit, but not as much as it would hurt loosing everthing including a wii

original Discs are running well, i would be surprised if they won't
just playing the backups of my discs from USB Loader GX is still a little weird
if i use Hermes v5 the game starts with a crashing wii with hermes v4 installed my games start normally, regardless of which version of cIOS249 is installed
no matter which Version of USB Loader i try... r910, 911... r916

i rather live with an unstable USB Loader than with a defect wii

i just wanted to save my DVDs by using USB Backups

and another weird thing, before my brick and restoring my wii, returning to wii menu from a game with the home button did'nt work. now it works well (if a game starts without freezing the wii)

Kawaii-Tora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Log message

* Added Hermes rev5 support! ( issue 1438 )
* Updated to Hermes usb storage code
* Fixed some bugs in ntfs while writing timestamps, resulting in different
hashes (dimok)
* Fixed codedump when switching partitions ( issue 1454 )
* Fixed graphical glitch on 4:3 screens, where the prefetch cover was visible in
the coverwall
* Fixed a bug with installing games, due to the switch to C++ (dimok)

this is the changelog for r914... so it should have Hermes support
for me its just weird that it freezes the wii, even when i choose IOS249 for booting a game

i have tested my wii and it seems that it is running stable again :happy:
BootMii is also installed in Boot2 again... HBC is working, so the most important things are running

now i hooe this will not happen again ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte