Hacking Wii full brick(Modchip instructions).

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a full bricked Wii(4.3E).It got bricked after installing System Menu 3.0.And the main reason for the brick is that The IOS required for the SYS menu 3.0 is a stub(IOS 30).I read in a forum that wasabi a modchip has a inbuilt firmware which does not depend on the System's IOS or the SYS menu.But i dont know what model of wasabi modchip has inbuilt firmware and i dont know whether buying a modchip is cheap or send it to nintendo is cheap.The cost of the modchip(wasabi zero) can be viewed in the site below.And my transporting charge is 12.95$(International).
http://www.mod-chip.net/wasabi.htm
Please Help.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No Sorry for telling that.I dont have bootmii as boot1 or boot 2,I dont have priloader.Ihad priloader but i read in a forum that priloader gets uninstalled when A system menu wad is installed.So i dont have priloader.I dont have NAND backup.Then is there any way

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
No Sorry for telling that.I dont have bootmii as boot1 or boot 2,I dont have priloader.Ihad priloader but i read in a forum that priloader gets uninstalled when A system menu wad is installed.So i dont have priloader.I dont have NAND backup.Then is there any way
If you don't have bootmii then there's nothing else you can do to save it. You're correct that Priiloader won't work either. Even if you bought the modchip there would be nothing you can do since the system can't even boot. Unless the modchip lets you autoboot Wii discs, in which case you could autoboot SSBB and load the HBC from there.

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I read that it doesnt require System IOS or the System Menu.It is an inbuilt Firmware.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with a nanddump i can reprogram... but it needs to be a good state nand and needs to be from this very wii.
the modchip doesn't need the ios, the wii still does though.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
about ten years ago in holland i had to pay 70 euro, never heard about the softmod i installed. hw mod i don't know what they'll do, since they see it directly when opening the console... why the hell did you even considered downgrading???

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Of course,The modchip allows autoboot for all region discs and also burned discs.(it is written "
  • 100% solderless installation with Solderless Adapter
  • Fully configurable and upgradable from DVD
  • Wii Update Blocker to avoid bricking
  • Drive speed configuration for noise reduction
  • Direct boot of Wii and Gamecube original, import, and backup discs
  • Supports chipset versions: DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C2 and D2E
  • Supports all regions configurable via jumpers
  • Only 5 wires on DMS, D2A, D2B (if not using solderless adapter)
  • Only 6 wires on D2C, D2C2 and D2E (if not using solderless adapter)
  • Very easy installation on "cut-pin" drives
  • On-board flash (128KB)
  • Integrated Audiostreaming fix for GC games
  • Excellent media compatibility (supports DL media)
  • Works with SMG and SSBB
  • Flash recovery mode
  • Two LED for easy installation troubleshooting
  • Full firmware control even on D2C chipset
  • Drivecode symmetry between all chipset versions
  • Compatible with all GC and Wii homebrew programs
  • No extra wires required for region override
  • No external switch required ").

I read that it has an inbuilt firmware in another forum.I want to know whats that Flash Recovery Mode.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've had a wii with that damn modchip installed in it before i softmodded it since the company didn't continu firmware updates, i read what you say is there, only thing is: your understanding of the what's there is wrong...
if you insert a certain disc it starts it like original disc even though it's a pirated on, and so it also auto boots to the disc when you put it in before going to the sysmenu. the flash recovery is for the modchip, not the wii.. the wii had nand, the modchip has firmware. you're wii has no working nand now, that modchip won't fix that, you can just program the firmware of this modchip even if the wii doesn't allow it (sometimes wii found a way to block certain modchips with just an update).
installing a modchip makes things mostlikely only worse! 1. it might cause your processor to overheat cause you make a slight mistake when applying it, 2 if nintendo sees it in the repair shop (even when later removed they can still see it) you most likely pay double the repair costs. 3 it just doesn't add any options to the options you had when still working!

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

Vishnoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think this will be helpful for me.It contains a new NAND right.Thanks,it is cheaper for me than the modchip.Is it the original Nintendo's Motherboard.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its a Solderless chip.
it's got a clip you'll have to paste to the big ic on the main board instead and i've seen 2 wii's die when they followed the instructions and turned it first time on.
I think this will be helpful for me.It contains a new NAND right.Thanks,it is cheaper for me than the modchip.Is it the original Nintendo's Motherboard.
yes it's an original mobo, never seen an unofficial one that worked in my life.

Reactions: Vishnoo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM