Hacking Wii full brick: any way to obtain wii keys?

paddy.melon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So essentially I've full bricked my wii, yadda yadda, usual noob story: no backup. So essentially, went from 4.x to 3.2 to 3.4 = stub in system menu ios. I know my chances are slim but it's been over a year now and I've seen promising stuff: mainly betwiin. However, this requires my wii's keys and, without sys menu (no ability to launch code or recovery menu), a just-too-new-wii so bootmii as boot2 won't work and a stupidity which leads to no backup [please don't lecture me, I know I massively screwed up, I'm here to make the most out of it] I'm stuffed. I read somewhere that experimental work on this has been done. So, I need to dump Hollywood? Is this possible? Risk is not an issue now that my wii is beyond repair and ninty refuse to fix it. Surely the keys are generated in an algorithm related to the serial or something because, nintendo would have to know them... Or do they database every key they make?

Any way, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

paddy.melon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I realize it's a full brick. No dumps at all, but how does xyzz work? Surely I could solder something on to dump Hollywood? Or does the wiu need to be running for this to work ? Could I run part of my wii via an emulator or something?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't "hack" the wii nand key. Check if you have a keys.txt on your sd card, if not, it's over with your wii... Maybe someone else have more ideas, but I don't have another one...

paddy.melon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks, I never made backups, I can't remember who but I read somewhere about some prominent member experimenting with this kind of stuff...

Anyone else got some ideas?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but no key, no love. Even if you desoldered your nand and hooked it up directly to a reader, it wouldn't do you any good without the keys stored in your wii.

paddy.melon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope same wii, I'm thinking about giving up and buying a new one now... Oh,
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
paddy.melon said:
Nope same wii, I'm thinking about giving up and buying a new one now... Oh,
frown.gif
I am also on my second wii now, I was a noob and uninstalled the system IOS... You will make it better with a second one, belive me
yaywii.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well in theory you can desolder you wii, put it in a reader, make a bruteforce tool and let it stand like that for about a month or so. Maybe then you have your key.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but I think that Infectus works for this, look into it. Im not sure though.
Edit: Didn't see the posts above, had this window open for a day
tongue.gif

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you're pretty screwed. i can't believe anyone would delete an ios ever (unless you know what you're doing of course.) Try contacting deadlyfoez. he's pretty good at brick fixing from what i hear.i think xflak can put you in touch with him. i think they have a secret club or something.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
snikerz said:
linuxares said:
about a month
more like 1280301823098 years.

Isnt the keys in hex? (I actually just took a guess)

Err... well... technically everything that has to do with computers is stored in hex.

The person you're quoting is only stating that to bruteforce a 128bit encryption (Or was the AES256 in wii?) would take many many ages to do with today's hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1