Wii freezing after installing cIOS/ hackmii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by strwberrybened, Aug 23, 2009.

1. strwberrybened
    OP

Newcomer strwberrybened Newbie

United States
    Hi,

I just installed cIOS 14. I used wainkoko's custom IOS installer 2.0. The default IOS to use for installation is IOS 249, but I accidentally moved the selector over to another IOS instead. I also did a reinstallation of the homebrew channel with the hackmii banner bomb method, along with DVDX and bootmii. Anyway, when I click on the message board now, my wii freezes (not completely, I can still press home and reset the Wii). Same thing happens when I try to go to the 2nd page of Wii channels. Any idea what is causing this? I want to get rid of this problem

Thanks for the help.

2. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    can you reload the program and repeat the steps UP TO THE POIT WHERE YOU RAN IT and tell us what IOS you overwrote? that might help someone like wii crazy or wii power,noobwarrior someone experienced in the area to help you along if they happen to be browsing [​IMG]

If you just installed over IOS you can prob OVERWRITE IT with the original proper version of that IOS for your FW [​IMG] if I were to take a guess.... But your best bet is to wait for a handfull of suggestions and pick your poison m8 [​IMG]

3. strwberrybened
    OP

United States
    Ok. The thing is, I have no idea which IOS i selected. I thought the IOS selector on Custom IOS Installer was to select which IOS to USE to install the IOS, not which IOS to install over. So after I accidentally scrolled over a few I just chose to go ahead and install anyway.

4. alexcalibur

Member alexcalibur GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You're right about that. The selector just picks which one to install with. The cios always installs as 249. So you didn't overwrite an ios that way.
    Still, I myself don't really have any idea what could be causing your freezing - someone else will have to help you with that - but picking another IOS shouldn't cause a problem.

5. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    try running the cios rev14 installer again and select the default ios(ios249) to install it.

6. strwberrybened
    OP

United States
    Do you want me to use the cios rev14 installer? Or custom IOS installer 2.0? Because I tried reinstalling rev14 with custom IOS installer (i think) and that didn't work. So cios rev14 installer is a separate program?
    Also, is there a possibility that the reason my wii freezes is NOT because of a screwed up IOS?

7. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Custom IOS Installer 2.0 and CIOS Rev 14 installer are the same app. If you install like ciosRev 10, you'll sEe the background is different. Rev14 is in the 2.0 installer.

8. UVERoo

Newcomer UVERoo Advanced Member

United States
    I had something like that problem before.

All I did was go to HBC check what IOS it said I was using and in Preloader switched the IOS to that one. Not sure if will help you in your situation but its simple and fast so might wanna try it

9. strwberrybened
    OP

United States
    thanks for that info Lordpoketehpenguin. So i guess that solution didn't do anything.

UVERoo, what do you mean checked the IOS with HBC? I'm not sure how to do that. And what do I need to do with Preloader? Switch the IOS to what exactly? Sorry I'm a little ignorant of Preloader. Thanks for the help though

10. UVERoo

Newcomer UVERoo Advanced Member

United States
    In HBC just pressed the home button and in the top right corner it what IOS you are using.

In preloader go to settings>System Menu IOS and change it to whatever the HBC said you had

11. strwberrybened
    OP

United States
    UVERoo, thanks. i think i'll try that solution. though i don't have preloader and i'm not quite looking to boot right into HBC. is there any way to install the old default IOS without preloader?