Wii Freezing after 10 minutes of play

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tengo, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Tengo
    OP

Tengo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    United States
    I have a 4.2 modded wii on IOS 70 and the problem is i keep freezing during a game of online play on monster hunter

This problem occurred when i installed Hermes 222/223 with 37 & 38 merged.
    i played this game before i started freezing on disc, and i wanted to try it on usb loader so installed some files and my whole game kept freezing.

i use anytitledeleter to delete most of my ios and reinstalled them still froze

i have IOS 15, 36, 55, 56, 58, 61, 70, 222, 223, 249, 250, and 254

my second problem is that i can play MH on 4.2 wii from the menus, but after i installed some GC stuff it says i need a system update to play the wii game, i think this could also be a problem of freezing.

Help would be appreciated!

2. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
  3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  4. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
  5. Tengo
    OP

Tengo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    United States
    Thank you guys for your suggestion but i just updated IOS 70 to the newest verion using MMM and its working ok, if it freezes again i would look to one of your guys guides. Thanks again

-Froze about an hour with update 70 gonna try d2x

6. Tengo
    OP

Tengo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    United States
    d2x didnt work for me last 10 mins, idk if im installing it wrong

7. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Its a wank as hell repetitively shit game

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    +1

Totally not worth the hassle.

Eitherway, I hope you get it fixed OP.

I tested it out through base 37 after a recommendation by Wiipower, then got bored with it in meer minutes ... , might be worth trying cios installer 2.2 and mess with ios 37 as a base or try use xml mapping idea for "potentailly any cios" .. http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2011/07/d2x-...staller-22.html

9. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    Nice packaging, but just goes to prove the old saying that "you can sprinkle glitter on dogshit, but it's still dogshit". I too hope you get sorted, I remember that using latest Wiiflow with a base 37 or 56 sorted this out. If you read the Wiiflow wiki it says that using d2x cIOS renders their problematic game list usesless. Happy hunting [​IMG]

10. Tengo
    OP

Tengo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    United States
    I installed it with ios 249 using ios 37 as a base in slot 249, still froze with that annoying beeping sound... some people say its my router well ill just gonna test it out tomorrow

11. Gameking-4

Gameking-4 Demon of the mist

Mar 28, 2011
    Netherlands
    Breda, Netherlands
    it's one of my favourites of all time, its awesome.

also, i use rev 21

12. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Have you tried setting it up like this, from the first link I posted? Should be pretty simple to duplicate this set up and test it out.

try D2X v6 249[56] and try various loaders, I dont recall you mentioning what loader you use?

I remember (as I tested MHT myself with these) that wiiflow and neogamma both ran it fine.

EDIT: necro post I made about MHT and hermes installer not working: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...ww.google.co.uk

13. Tengo
    OP

Tengo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2011
    United States
    its not a loading problem its the freezing problem, well i found out that it WAS a router problem... which i thought was weird. i set my wii up as DMZ and had it force to stay on one ip so it will stay dmz. idk how that effects my wii but i removed it and no more freezing. well thanks anyways i got to install d2x which is awesome fix my mote wii d/c shiit [​IMG]