Wii for A Xbox 360 or Xbox Problem

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by SixSenseEagle, Sep 6, 2012.

1. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

I just got me an android from a friend, so let say I'm back, but anyway I want to Trade my wii for his modded xbox or Non modded elite 360, but theres a Problem.

If I get the xbox I get to play my favorite old xbox games/classics back, but I want a console With a lil bit of higher graphics, So I can play my High Graphic/Favorite games when I''m bored,... so if I get the 360 with higher graphics I can't play my old certain favorite xbox games on my 360 since there been problems with backward compatibility That what I heard from people, So... What should I do because Idk which one to get.

Ps. I'm not gonna reply for a couple of hours since I Have school today.
    Edit: Peace out I'm off to school.

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    So you can choose between replaying your favorites + more, or playing games you don't care much about just because of better graphics.

Choice seems obvious to me.

(Also, modded xbox = emulators for most retro systems)

3. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

Mistake: I Wasn't trying to put it in a graphic way just a favorite game in High Graphics when I'm bored.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    eBay will tell you the truth.

A used, refurbed Wii costs aprox. $60-70. A used, refurbed XBox costs $50-60. A used, refurbed Elite XBox 360 $100-120.

This means that if you get the 360, with good winds, you can sell it and buy both an XBox and another Wii - not that you'd want to. Backwards compatibility is relatively fine. Fair play, few games have issues, but most of them work alright, plus you get access to current generation games. I think it's really a no-brainer - either your friend is trying to sell you a 360 that had a few RROD "accidents" or he's not good at selling things.

Moreover, as far as I know, you *can* run XBox homebrew on a 360, depending on the way you want to mod it... so... go figure.

5. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    To add.

Yes you can execute Xbox 1 homebrew on the 360.
    However this requires an jTAG/RGH'd machine and a hacked xbox emulator.
    Not all homebrew will work but most of it will.

Also a few "unsupported" games are playable on a hacked xbox emulator as well as unfinished builds/dev builds/beta builds of old xbox games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice