Wii For 3DS?

BlaineGorzoch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have a Wii that I rarely play unless my friends come over. (It's hacked BTW.) Is it worth selling for a 3DS? Any suggestions? Thanks. :D

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, i wouldn't. This is just me, but i feel there are better games on the Wii than the 3DS. Again, that's just my opinion. But if you rarely play it, then i suppose it can't hurt :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wouldn't do it. But then again, my wii is pretty much my game station for emulators, games and could easily back as a media player (assuming you don't already have a gazillion ways to play movies).

Still...in monetary sense, it's pretty much up to par. Assuming you don't have a shitload of games and/or other hardware stuff (what do you have? 2 wiimotes and a nunchuck?), it's roughly an even trade. Since every wii can be hacked with a softmod, I doubt the "it's hacked" is going to make much of a difference (unless perhaps it's chipped with a WODE).

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would grab a 3DS, but never use my Wii (damn family TV, keeping me from finishing skyward sword.) If you do I would pick up MK7 and KI:U, SM3DL was good but I wouldn't pounce it. It seems like more of a engine test game then anything.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that I rarely play unless my friends come over. (It's hacked BTW.) Is it worth selling for a 3DS? Any suggestions? Thanks. :D
Well I own a 3DS (but not a Wii), and this is how I see it...

1) You never play it.

2) Nintendo has no more real first party games coming out for the Wii (except for the new Mario Party that just came out).

3) On the other hand, 3DS has PLENTY of good quality games, both available and upcoming. And being a young system, it probably has at least another 5 years of life in it (considering the life span of previous Nintendo handhelds)

3) Wii U is coming out at the end of this year latest.

If I were in your position, this is what I would do: I would sell the Wii, but keep whatever games and accessories I still like. Then buy myself a 3DS, and then buy a Wii U when it comes out. The original Wii is only going to continue to drop in sales value, even more so once the Wii U comes out, so if you're planning to get a Wii U, then selling Wii earlier is better.

But this is all just my opinion. Do whatever you think will make you happiest.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you have a visual impairment like I do (the left eye being 150/20, and my brain still thinks it's "turned in" even after getting surgery to make it straight), then getting a 3DS is useless, unless someone can prove otherwise. (I used to have a 3DS, but I sold it due to buyer's remorse and for my impairment). I use my Wii for emulators, backup games, etc. but that's just me.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS has an excellent list of games waiting to be released (such as Super Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing), but it's not really worth it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: