1. PhPmayan

OP PhPmayan Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    Hey guys! This is my first post on this forum! :D

So, i have a problem with Wii Flow Lite and also with USBLoaderGX which when i launch a game for example: "Mario Kart Wii",
    I can play it normally, but after sometime (like 5 ~ 10 minutes) My Wii crashes/freezes and makes a weird loud noise which i think it comes from the console iteself.
    Can someone PLEASE help me with that problem? it really annoys me and i want to play a lot of games.
    Thanks everyone! ^_^

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

Congratulations on your FIRST Post here.:)

Did you use an USB Stick/Thumb Drive or such Kind or an HDD please ? And how is it formatted please ?
    Did you transferred your Games with WiiBackup Manager to your USB Device or did you installed it from original Game Discs ?
    Is your Wii Softmod Up to Date ?
    Also WiiFlow Lite (v5.4.0) and USBLoader GX 8v3.0 r1272) Up to Date too ?

Please be so kind and check this Points.

Thank you.:)

jeannotte likes this.
  3. PhPmayan

OP PhPmayan Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    Ok,
    1. This is an external HDD 500GB and how its formatted i don't know and i will tell you why, the Wii i'm using currently is my second Wii because the first one was accidently bricked by me trying to change themes on MyMenuify :rofl2: i was little at the time. So we gave it to a guy who could fix it and add a lot of games on this HDD i told you before about, A NOTE: when he fixed my old Wii he put the (*external*) HDD on this and he also installed USBLoaderGX on it and it worked perfectly! no crashes and no problems just launching the game and play. and one day i decided that i want to put more games on the HDD but when i connect it with USB to my computer Windows tells me that i have to format this HDD to accsess this HDD. can i still see the way its formatted when this thing happens?
    2. and i'm pretty sure that WiiFlow Lite is up to date also for USBLoaderGX.

3. What do you mean by my wii softmod is up to date?
    Sorry if i'm hard on you but i'm an "expert" on those stuff XD :P

4. Draxikor

Draxikor GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    @PhPmayan Is most probably that your friend give the HDD a wbfs format that's why your PC don't recognize it, maybe that's the reason the games freezes.

5. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria

That was my THIRD Question:

Maybe your HDD is format with the WBFS Fornat,that is why your PC did not recognized it correct and wants to format it.
    DO NOT TRY TO FORMAT IT PLEASE !!!

This means your cIOSes which were needed for correct USB Games Loading are installed and had the correct Version/Revision/Slot/Base.:)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes,that is maybe the MAIN Reason for the Issues.:(

Draxikor, jeannotte and PhPmayan like this.
  6. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Its definitely not wiiflow or usb loader gx problem. Once your game starts playing its the cios that controls it. I would say most likely your games are bad dumps or usb hdd is crap.

PhPmayan and alexander1970 like this.
  7. PhPmayan

OP PhPmayan Newbie
    Newcomer

Israel
    You know what, i thought about buying a new Western Digital external Hard Drive. maybe that will fix it. The one that i have currently is i think 5+ years old (more or less)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ahhh yes. when i load the game with IOS 251 its working but with any other IOS's its not. just gives me a black screen.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  8. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hello,

convert your external hard drive (without losing the games on it) to FAT 32 with this software ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/wbfs2fat-py.291320/

I did it myself and it worked very well.

PhPmayan and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - USBLoaderGX, crashing,