Wii Fit U: Transfer to already existing profile?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Coolperez8, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Coolperez8
    OP

Coolperez8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Hi guys, I've been wondering if it was possible to transfer a Wii Fit Plus profile to a profile on Wii Fit U that already exists, I want to do this because when I first tried to transfer it, the game would freeze up, so I created a new profile. Then just today I've heard that in the past Nintendo released an update that I installed that fixes the issue, is it possible to import the data from Wii Fit Plus to Wii Fit U without creating a new profile or deleting the old one? I don't wanna have to re-register my Fit Meter every time I switch profiles, delete my data and re-register my Fit Meter, or waste $20 on a new one. Also I have several other questions.

What happens when you:
    1.Attempt to link 2 Human Fit Meters (In other words, when you try to link 2 Fit Meters that are registered to Humans, assuming both are registered on seperate consoles)
    2.Repeat 1, but both are from the same console.
    3.Repeat 1 & 2, but instead 1 Fit Meter is linked to a dog.
    4.Attempt to link a Fit Meter with a Pokewalker.
    5.Attempt to link a brand new Fit Meter with Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
    6.Attempt to link a brand new Pokewalker with Wii Fit U
    7.Attempt to try to battle (Via Infared) on Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, or White 2, using a Fit Meter as the "other ds"

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    You know, it would be easier (not to mention cheaper) to just take a walk and maybe stretch a bit. That's probably more effective, too.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I can't really answer those questions, but I'm wondering what you're trying to achieve. Just give each member of your family their own account and fit meter (or at least an account for each fit meter user).
    That dog...I'm not sure, but I think that's nintendo's way of joking around (why would you put it on your dog? It's not like you can make them exercise...or stop exercising).

The whole pokémon thing...isn't that just another infrared device? I would think that 4->7 would result in "just wasting some time". I mean...I might as well attempt to link my television remote with my wiiu. I can go at it all day, but it won't suddenly register itself als a pokémon fit meter or something.

Or am I missing some commercials that promise otherwise? :unsure: