Wii firmware

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by extentofmysin, Apr 13, 2011.

Apr 13, 2011

Wii firmware by extentofmysin at 2:13 AM (1,237 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. extentofmysin
    OP

Newcomer extentofmysin Member

Japan
    I have heard that the latest Wii firmware update, to firmware 3.3 or above, will block the Datel Freeloader from working, but I want to buy a Wii console and buy the Freeloader in order to play imports! [​IMG] So I am wondering what firmware does the very latest wii console have automatically built in - if you have bought your system within the last 6 months or less, what firmware did it come with? Is it impossible to get the freeloader to work with firmware 3.3 - is there a trick to get around the problem, or is it possible to uninstall/downgrade to an earlier firmware? As far as I know Datel will never release another version of the Freeloader for the Wii, since the "Wii2" is probably not that far away (!) so I guess I may be stuck!

If the latest wii consoles do already come with firmware of v3.3 or higher, buying a second hand machine may not help either, unless I ask the seller if they have updated their machine! [​IMG] If I do get hold of a wii with an earlier firmware, I am hoping that there is an easy way to switch off any updates, unless Nintendo are being crafty and making your wii auto update your consoles firmware without asking you first (eg, if its included in some new game releases)! Does anyone know if this is true? I hope someone can help answer my questions, thanks [​IMG]

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    You do realize that you're asking about the Freeloader on a forum that has a lot of focus on doing exactly what it does by modding? Go read the Modmii sticky under Wii-Hacking.

3. extentofmysin
    OP

Japan
    haha-I always take the easy route-Ill check it out. I think being able to downgrade or uninstall the firmware would be the most helpful, especially if the current machines on sale are already updated, and Ive noticed that the wii wiki does state that some games (red steel?) dont let you play or run them at all unless youve updated the consoles firmware, but I do hope that theres a solution! thanks [​IMG]

4. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In the future, learn to use Google before wasting everyone's time.

5. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    By some games, you mean all games. Loading import games using Freeloader is a good way to get a semi-brick.

6. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    *facepalm*

This guy is going to brick his Wii the moment he gets it.

7. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    See you in another "I bricked my Wii, HALP!!!" thread in a day or two, mkay?

8. extentofmysin
    OP

Japan
    ok, perhaps "uninstall" was unnecessary wording there, Ill admit that, lol [​IMG] *sound of a wii creaking on its last legs*