Wii FCE Ultra GX GameGenie Cheat Issue Help Needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by elmoreas, Sep 21, 2010.

Sep 21, 2010
  1. elmoreas
    OP

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    In FCE Ultra GX on the Wii there is an option in settings to use cheats via GameGenie but I have 2 problems.

1. I have searced and searched and cannot find the actual Game Genie file/bios/etc... Not sure if you all can help on this because of the link posting rule but if a legit site offers the cheat code then please tell me.

2. I do not know what folder to put it in or where to place the folder or what to title in on my SD card once I have the cheat code file for it.

If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    sd:/fcuegx/gg.rom

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    look at the settings.xml file, default location for .cht files is within the /fceugx/cheats directory , near the /saves and /roms directory
    but you can configure it as you want

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    cht files and the game genie rom are handled separately. this means you can use the game genie rom and turn on the game genie option and when you start the game, you will be allowed to enter 3 codes just like back in 1988. using the .cht file, you can pause a game and enter a cheat menu with a bunch of premade cheats that you can turn on and off.

both methods work independantly of each other, and can be used at the same time. the cht files are more flexible, more user-friendly, and better to use. you can convert an existing gamegenie code to work in the .cht format.

5. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Thanks for correcting that, I edited my post, this is indeed two different methods.