Gaming Wii family Edition disk drive

pikalols18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a follow up to the value village wii. I want to know how to fix the disk drive. It makes a clicking noise, like it is jammed and can eject and such. I don't own a tri-wing screwdriver, so I can't fully open the Wii. Please help.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

It takes a triwing screwdriver to disassemble the player wii.

Is there not a DVD stuck in the drive ??

Or the drive is out of order, change it.

There are tutorials on the net to disassemble his wii

Last edited by jeannotte,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a friend come to me with the blue wii, he said the drive didn't work, he had a 3 year old daughter, so I took it apart and low and behold there was 2 discs and 4 pennies stuck in the drive, I had to take the drive apart because something unsnapped inside the drive, you know, it popped out of place. There is most likely no quick fix, you will have to borrow a screwdriver from someone or buy one.

pikalols18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a friend come to me with the blue wii, he said the drive didn't work, he had a 3 year old daughter, so I took it apart and low and behold there was 2 discs and 4 pennies stuck in the drive, I had to take the drive apart because something unsnapped inside the drive, you know, it popped out of place. There is most likely no quick fix, you will have to borrow a screwdriver from someone or buy one.
not sure if it is anything physically in there, as disks eject normally, so what could it be?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you shake it does it rattle?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, if you take a old credit card or some other thin object and spread the dust shield on the drive face to the side, you can look inside with a flashlight to see is something is stuck in the drive or not.

pikalols18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you shake it does it rattle?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, if you take a old credit card or some other thin object and spread the dust shield on the drive face to the side, you can look inside with a flashlight to see is something is stuck in the drive or not.
gives about 5 loud clicks, and makes a soft spinning noise, and sounds like it is scraping the wii

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a spot in the drive that pops together, maybe someone did jam the drive or dropped it on a hard surface, but you would have to take it apart to fix this

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you strip the triwing, you will have to break the screw or drill it out in order to open your wii, id just see if someone close to you has a triwing screwdriver

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
One possible option as well is a dirty/failing laser, at least I have heard lasers in the past make an audible click. If you have a disc cleaner lying around it may be worth a try (obviously there would be no audio playback).

You may want to invest in a proper screwdriver set if you think you’ll be doing repairs like this quite often, got a kit from ifixit a few years ago which has served me well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended